Allure CLS Detailed Trip Report with Many Pictures

Exploring the ship without the crowds was very nice. It was like having the ship to ourselves! There are a lot of people on this ship. People are right when they say the first day is the worst, and they do a great job in separating people and keeping various activities going in different areas of the ship. The only other times besides the first day that I felt the crowds are in the elevators and in the shops. But the elevators are the worst!! Let’s face it, elevators on any ship are irritating and difficult and slow. With so many floors and our room being on floor 17, we took the elevator a lot more than we typically do. Normally, we will use the stairs, up 2, down 4, it is easier than waiting for the elevator. On this ship, we had to use the elevators. So whether or not the elevators are really slower, hotter, more awful than other ships, I’m not sure, but it felt like it. There didn’t seem to be air conditioning in the elevators and they had track lighting beating down on you mercilessly. People just shoved on and on regardless of how many people were already in there. They would push to the back even when they were getting off in 1 floor. They would stand at the front and not move when people tried to get off. Once the elevator practically closed on me before I could get the rest of my body out. There was an inordinate amount of poor elevator etiquette and rudeness on this ship. Honestly, I am usually shocked at the behavior on elevators on cruises, but this went to a totally new level. One couple shoved their stroller on a fully packed elevator bumping into legs and feet without a care. Of course, that would have been a little rude with a child in the stroller but desperation is understandable. This stroller had their iPad as a passenger… Come on, people! Close up the stroller and show some manners. Frank does make traveling in the elevators better as he always has something funny to say to people.

I do have to say, even though most rides in the elevators were hell, one of the funniest moments of the cruise came on an elevator. We were packed on the elevator going to the gangway. Every floor, more and more people get on, shoving in. To be expected, because we were getting off the ship for Jamaica and when you get on at the 17th floor, it is a LONG way down. We had pushed the gangway button. There was no air. It was so slow. It was so crowded. Room for two more? Sure! More and more people got on, some got off on different floors. It was very confusing and we were stuffed in there like sardines in a can when we realized that the elevator stopped at 5 and then was suddenly going UP and did not go down all the way to the gangway!!!! We all started laughing so hard and said, “We are those people!!!!!!” You know, the ones who get on and don’t know where they are going and go down to go up?? The doors opened on 14 and the whole elevator was stuffed full of people laughing hysterically!!!!!! The people on 14 declined to enter. J They just stared at us laughing our butts off stuffed to the gills. We said you don’t want to get on here!!!! So freaking funny! Finally, the elevator went down to the gangway and we all laughed like old friends. Lovely!

February2014242_zpsaa541ee0.jpg

OMG! This is the cutest baby!!! She wears that onesie well. :) What an adorable granddaughter you have!

Enjoying your review. I was on the Allure last spring and it's bringing back such happy memories. Thanks for sharing your story.

February2014242_zpsaa541ee0.jpg

OMG! This is the cutest baby!!! She wears that onesie well. :) What an adorable granddaughter you have!

Enjoying your review. I was on the Allure last spring and it's bringing back such happy memories. Thanks for sharing your story.

Thank you! She is a sweetie!! Thank you for your kind words. We are about to get some more snow... I'm enjoying reliving the cruise also!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went to the Windjammer for breakfast and brought it back to the room today. Windjammer was only 1 floor down. Food was good! I got pancakes and sausage and yummy hash browns. It was very convenient.

D00E2B7B-6C5C-4347-BE54-74DED020B4EB_zpsj1jopr1v.jpg[/font][/color]

Everyone who says the WJ is too crowded on Oasis and Allure need to look at this photo! How early was it? I don't think we went into the WJ at all on the cruise since we had the Concierge Lounge access this time.

Everyone who says the WJ is too crowded on Oasis and Allure need to look at this photo! How early was it? I don't think we went into the WJ at all on the cruise since we had the Concierge Lounge access this time.

It was actually on Cozumel day and after a lot of peeps had left the ship.

:) I only went in and out a few times on this trip to just get a plate for breakfast or a soda. The last morning it looked pretty crowded but the line was moving quickly. I bypassed it though because I said I was not sitting.

We rode the Rising Tides Bar. It was definitely on our list of things we really wanted to do. We were surprised to find that it moved faster than we thought it would. It was a really cool thing to do. Mango Mai Tais! Phil made a joke about getting off as it was traveling and the manager who was on duty was a little huffy. I guess they see a lot of drunks who think they are funny… Phil wasn’t – drunk, that is, or funny. I whispered, “Honey, stop, he thinks you are serious!”

cruise20133157_zps70e76377.jpg

cruise20133161_zps4d416bdf.jpg

cruise20133164_zpsd18aef4f.jpg

cruise20133165_zps33987711.jpg

cruise20133166_zpsf1628e51.jpg

cruise20133168_zps80006269.jpg

One of the things on Maria’s list was to ride the merry go round. The girl running it kindly took our picture. Some of the horses were too high for me to get on (knees are getting decrepit with age), so I took a little pony behind Phil. I am glistening – it was hot as heck this day. I was glad we didn’t go in to the port to do some shopping.

cruise20133169_zps89f59f58.jpg

After our explorations, we relaxed on our balconies and watched the sunset and embarkation of the guests and sailaways. It was so much fun to watch the Norwegian Jewel passengers come back to their ship. Some of the crew of the Jewel made 2 conga lines and danced with music welcoming their passengers back. They were out there for what seemed like hours. Most passengers had a great time with it, dancing down the line and laughing. There was even a crew member on stilts. So much fun! I felt badly for our passengers getting on board as they walked sedately up to our behemoth, next to the fun party. The Jewel also had a grill going on the deck and they were barbequing burgers and steaks, which we could clearly see as we towered over them. It smelled so good! That’s one think I wish they had on the ship - grilled burgers. Carnival on the other side was also partying it up for hours before sailaway. I am not sure what was going on our main decks - maybe we also had parties!

cruise20133148_zps663b5f9c.jpg

We were hoping to see some runners, but it looked like there was a late return for one of the ship sponsored excursions. All aboard was 6:30, but they didn’t get off the catamaran until after that. They slowly strolled back - the benefit of it being ship sponsored! No hurrying or fear…

Absolutely stunning sunset…

cruise20133184_zps8e1369de.jpg

cruise20133192_zps89de5efe.jpg

cruise20133193_zpse62fda59.jpg

cruise20133195_zpsf478f39d.jpg

cruise20133216_zps48771d98.jpg

Just had to get a picture of the shower with the light shining on the water. The picture doesn’t do it justice, but it was so beautiful. Okay, when someone is singing the praises of the water coming out of the shower, maybe they aren’t the most unbiased of reviewers. :o I just loved that suite and miss it every day.

cruise20133275_zpsf205179c.jpg

cruise20133276_zpsbdbea80b.jpg

cruise20133280_zpsab6c1975.jpg

cruise20133282_zps682e4585.jpg

Dinner was great tonight – lamb chops are one of my favorites. Maria and Phil got the Chops steak – delicious. Maria wanted hers well done so they butterflied it and it was a little too well done, but Phil’s was great! Phil surprised Maria with a bottle of Reisling because she was drinking her last glass with dinner. So sweet. I asked him, “What did you get me, honey?” :) Crème brulee for dessert. Beer Ninja was still on the ball. He never faltered. The after dinner shot was some kind of berry. I didn’t like this one, but Phil got 2!

cruise20133289_zps7355412e.jpg

cruise20133291_zps1bdd5fb5.jpg

cruise20133292_zpsb594b77c.jpg

We had reservations for the Blue Planet show tonight after dinner. I did want to see this show, but the comfortable bed was calling my name. While I did make reservations for all of the shows, I went into it knowing that I might not make them all and had mentally picked those that we really wanted to see. Those were the Aqua show, the comedy show, and Chicago. Those done, I was happy.

Hanging towel animal. Where else do you get treated like this???

cruise20133298_zpsb54b87ef.jpg