Thomson Strike Again!!

Just received my e-ticket through the post will a note on the front stating 'we could not contact you at your e-mail address' .......

Funny they managed to send the booking confirmation to it and also the booking amendment as well nothing has changed.

Also quoted in the small print in say only 5 kg of hand luggage on the tickets, they are still having problems with that as quoted in the latest brochure 7 kg. I will have to take a photo copy with me in case I get a jobs worth. We had one last year in July at Manchester airport over my handbag.

Glad that the board is back up again, not been able to get on it for a couple of days.

Just received my e-ticket through the post will a note on the front stating 'we could not contact you at your e-mail address' .......

Funny they managed to send the booking confirmation to it and also the booking amendment as well nothing has changed.

Also quoted in the small print in say only 5 kg of hand luggage on the tickets, they are still having problems with that as quoted in the latest brochure 7 kg. I will have to take a photo copy with me in case I get a jobs worth. We had one last year in July at Manchester airport over my handbag.

Glad that the board is back up again, not been able to get on it for a couple of days.

whats your date for going on cruise you said you had your e-ticket just wondering how far in advance they sent it cheers keith

Luggage allowances seems to be a challenge for some Thomsons staff and representatives.

As another member said in reply to a posting of mine a couple of weeks ago - the left hand at Thomsons doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

For example.

I recently received a £40 voucher after gross confusion over in flight meals on a return flight from a cruise. The TA told me there were none, however the booking confirmation from Thomsons had it included although these have been discontinued on short/medium haul flights for a few years.

More recently I have received conflicting or confusing small print details in their various email offers reference credit / debit card payments.

I'm sure there a lots more examples out there.

When are u going and were we cruise on 23 march and we have not got ours yet and my brochure stats 7 kilo hand luggage

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The confusion is down to Thomsons having different levels of hand baggage weight allowances depending on which type of holiday, or if it's cruise you've booked.

For hand luggage cruise passengers are allowed 7kg, hotel based customers are 5kg as default setting - except where it's one of their perceived "upmarket" accommodation bookings where is 7kg for hand baggage, and usually 20kg (or even 23kg) for main luggage.

That's if I've read and understood the small print in their brochures - which some of their staff don't seem to do !!!

Edited by WeeCountyMan

SNAP!

Exactly what I got yesterday and an email saying thank you for choosing thomson for your booking lol

Bob:D

When are u going and were we cruise on 23 march and we have not got ours yet and my brochure stats 7 kilo hand luggage

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are departing 20 march and got eticket last week. No flight we are joining ship in Malaga

Glyn