Techy Question - Royal Caribbean Booking API

gms5002

Are there any computer programer types out there with information about how to connect into Royal Caribbean's booking systems? I'm assuming they have some kind of web service or rest interface which allows the various third party sites to show prices, create bookings, etc.

There are cruise price tracking sites that use publicly availably resources to gather price data for the purposes of real time price tracking and price change notification. Google can find them for you if you are curious (can't post names here).

Booking is another matter. TA's use Royal's dedicated site for them (previous post mentioned the name) or just call. Third party sites most likely have to go through some sort of authentication. You could conceivably build your own front end that uses you C&A login if you want to book, but you wouldn't be using the same system TA's use for your back end.

Thanks for the info, I assumed this would be easier to track down than it ended up being. I thought it might be fun to build something to automatically check for newly available cabins in certain categories. Anyway, I ended up getting something working using selenium to log into my reservation.

If I were RCCL, any API that would be available would be protected by both HTTP server side authentication, but also a client side certificate. That way the server would not even allow any client in unless they had a valid certificate.

I seriously doubt that there would be a publicly available API

But this is RCCL of course, so there probably is something that is not secured.