Yoga / Enchantment / Coco Key

Hi all,

We will be sailing on Enchantment coming up next month. I would like do practice Yoga at least once (on a 3 nighter.) From what I can tell on cruise compasses, it looks like it is offered once on Coco Key. Can anyone speak to that? Has anyone done this Yoga before? What type is it? How long is the class? What type is it? Are we expected to bring our own mat? Thanks so much. Brett

I was on the Monarch a couple of years ago and took the yoga class on Coco Key. You don't need a mat, we just used towels. While the class was done on the sand, it wasn't the deep beach sand. The area was a little firmer. I think it was a basic vinyasa flow type routine, with the usual warrior and down dog poses. All types of people were in the class. It was more "fun" than "ohhmy". Really, I don't get to do yoga outdoors, under palm trees, too often, so it was very nice.

I have a few yoga workouts on my iPad and try to do them in my cabin. And there should be mats in the gym if you can do your own routine (I need someone to remind me to breathe ;))

Namaste.

I've taken yoga classes on both the Mariner and Voyager in the past. Very enjoyable! Of course, they were both 7 day cruises, so I'm not sure if they offer yoga on the shorter itineraries. Also, I believe there was a slight up charge for the class ($10) but I'm not certain.

I know that there are mats that you can use so i wouldn't worry about bringing your own. I am not sure about frequency, I wonder if there are cruise compasses somewhere that would give more of an idea?

Also, I believe there was a slight up charge for the class ($10) but I'm not certain.

Yes there is definitely a charge but I cannot remember how much it was - I am sure $10 sounds about right.

Edited by jo24

I was on the Monarch a couple of years ago and took the yoga class on Coco Key. You don't need a mat, we just used towels. While the class was done on the sand, it wasn't the deep beach sand. The area was a little firmer. I think it was a basic vinyasa flow type routine, with the usual warrior and down dog poses. All types of people were in the class. It was more "fun" than "ohhmy". Really, I don't get to do yoga outdoors, under palm trees, too often, so it was very nice.

I have a few yoga workouts on my iPad and try to do them in my cabin. And there should be mats in the gym if you can do your own routine (I need someone to remind me to breathe ;))

Namaste.

+1- we are not Yoga people, but find this excercise really nice.

We've been on one trip where they brought the gym mats, but if you use this, also use a towel- the mat is too small and you will get sand all over the place.

it's more of a beginner class. And IIRC, the cost was $12+ tip. They add a cost to make sure they get people who want to do it, and will take it seriously (that's what our instructor mentioned- we always drink the koolaide- and pay for the fitness classes).