Honolulu Rental car question

bremmerh

We will be in Honolulu on Dec 27th from 7 to 11. Many of the rental car companies close at 6 and we were hoping to go to the PCC for the afternoon/evening. We found Budget at the airport but they do not have a shuttle to pick up/drop off. Could you please tell me how far from the cruise ship this would be and about how much it would cost us? If you have any other solutions please forward then on. Thank you

The airport is about 5-6 miles from the pier, or about $15 + for a taxi. I would imagine most of the rental offices at the airport are open after 6 pm, while the ones in the Waikiki area may indeed close at 6. Last year we picked a car from National up at their Waikiki office, got there by theBus, and dropped it off a week later at the airport office with no dropoff fee, but we were on a flight out that evening. On previous trips, National did provide a shuttle to the pier, not sure if this would still be the case. I really think I would call the Waikiki offices of Alamo,(they do have a shuttle to the pier) or National or others and ask what their policy is about returning after closing????

We have reserved a car at the Thrifty in Waikiki for the day. We were told we would need to return it to the lot by 10:00 PM prior to them closing. There are two locations one closes earlier than the other.

Enjoy your trip!

Archived