July 9th to 16th, Lirica Med Cruise

MGO1960

Wow. Just under a week back, and the memories are just as fresh as ever. Some of you may remember me posting as a concerned individual, going on my first cruise, on my own, etc. etc.

Well, I am now well and truly in the camp of the MSC supporters club. I went aboard the Lirica on the 9th with no preconceptions, and came away having had a completely fantastic week. Made some great new friends from far away places (France, Norway, Croatia, Denmark, Slovenia, UK and the USA) "nearly" had a holiday romance (why oh why did we only get up the courage to talk to each other on my last day? !!:D ), saw some absolutely wonderful places I had never been to before (Rome came top, with Barcelona a close second). Ate far too much food. Drank far too much wine. And those COCKTAILS!!! Came home a nicer colour than I went. Ahhh, the joy of it all.

Would I go on a cruise, on my own, with MSC, again? You damned well bet I would, I can't wait.

Welcome to the family! I am thrilled you had a good time on Lirica.

Isn't solo cruising a great experience? It really opens one up to new adventures and allows us to experience even more than we perhaps would when travelling with friends, lovers, etc. I have always had positive experiences when travelling solo.

Now about waiting til the last day to strike up a conversation, we'll have to chat about that!

CG

Welcome back from LIRICA, glad you had a wonderful week.

Hopefully you can find out name/address/telephone/mail of your nearly holiday-romance.;)

Isn't it beautiful, such a mixture of internationalities !! :)

Henri.

CG - the lady in question and I have exchanged emails since getting back, but 4000 miles is one heck of a distance between us LOL

henri - you'e right, what a great mix of nationalities, and well done to the crew for putting up with us all. Who else, like me, found that when you take the time to talk to crew members, you make some great friends amongst them too, and they then take the time to make your cruise that bit more enjoyable?

czechmate - thanks for the honorary membership ;)

blondie - were you on there for the same dates?

Martin

that you had a wonderful cruise.

Sailing solo is a great experience....you meet so many more people.

But, lets go to caviargirl's chatroom and see why we do what we do......

When you get it figured out, please let me know!

We should do a solo group cruise on MSC, don't you think?

• 4 years later...

thank you all for your info, sounds like it was wonderful. we leave 7/28 - 8/4 from Civitavecchia. first time on MSC and can't wait. A bad day on a cruise is still way better than a great day at work! We will love it I'm sure!

henri - you'e right, what a great mix of nationalities, and well done to the crew for putting up with us all. Who else, like me, found that when you take the time to talk to crew members, you make some great friends amongst them too, and they then take the time to make your cruise that bit more enjoyable?

Martin

Hi Martin

Really glad to hear you hasd a fantastic time. I've done 2 solos on the Lirica and enjoyed both very much. It is a lovely ship with a great crew.

As for taking the time to also talk to the crew - completely agree with that. They look out for you more when you make the effort with them. I've had them go out of their way to help me as a result. I've then been welcomed back with hugs when I've returned again, even had them remember what drink I like and how I like it and had them reserving seats for me 9all without me having asked for any of it). Made really good friends with one crew member 3 years ago and we still stay in touch to this day.

Archived