Ladies- Baltic

CaroleLee

Hi,

Question for the ladies. Sailing in June for Tallinn, STK, CPH, St Petersburg Helsinki.

Long sleeves or short sleeve blouses for these ports? I always pack a sweater/light jtk.

Any suggestions/actual experiences? Will be doing a great deal of walking, canal boats

Thanks

Carole

I live in Finland (and visit Stockholm and Tallinn often) so I would suggest bringing a cardigan, sweater or light coat in June. Temperatures are in 20-25C usually. If it's sunny, it might be warmer but you never can be sure.

Of course, it is proper summer to us already, so you will see light summer clothing, shorts and stuff like that anytime after May 1st, regardless of the actual temperature.

Welcome to the Baltics and Scandinavia!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I did a Baltic Cruise several years back (in August) that embarked in Stockholm. I found that wearing layers was the way to go for me! I can't say that it was truly "hot" or "cold" on any given day, but it could go from comfortable to chilly all in one day!

St. Petersburg was definitely cool and wet when we were there, so add a lightweight water resistant layer as well, just in case! Preferably something with a hood, as it was not always convenient to open up an umbrella! (Although I did carry my small umbrella with me!)

I wore a lot of capris with lightweight tops throughout the cruise and then layered them with sweaters/jackets as needed. Good luck and have fun! It was a wonderful itinerary! :)

Edited by Bonnie Voyager

20-24 degree maximum summer days equate to a lovely winters day where we live, so I'll be wearing L/S cotton knits with and a light jacket.

I think a lot of Americans will misunderstand the Celsius temps.

To get a rough calculation, take the celsius temperature and double it, then add 28.

So 20 + 20 = 40 + 28 = 68 FAHRENHEIT

0 Celsius = Freezing = 32 F

Mid-20s C is lovely weather for touring around. Not too hot, not cold. Floridians, like Australians, may find it a bit chilly ;)

Edited by JanineM

We did the Baltic a couple of years ago in August. There was a storm at sea, and it rained a lot during the cruise. However, I do remember the weather in the farther eastern ports as being comfortably warm during our ventures off the ship. I wouldn't prepare for cold as much as showers.