ARCADIA ~ New Years Cruise 2005/2006

KenC

Hi everyone

Finally spent a bit of time today on the site. I've been job-hunting since I got back and am pleased to say I start a new job next Monday.

Sorry to hear you weren't well Ken - hope it didn't spoil the holiday too much. Unfortunately we didn't make the meetings before dinner either - it was all a bit of a mad rush for first sitting so we had our pre-dinner drinks on the balcony while we were getting ready.

We also spend a large proportion of our time on board out in the sun and really liked the open spaces. There was always somewhere to find a lounger. We were also very lucky with our cabin because all the way from Acapulco to the Canal (when we had 3 sea-days) we had the sun on the balcony for most of the day, so it was possible to relax in the sun for a while there too.

If I have one criticism it is the Belvedere - sometimes it was like rugby scrum in there, whether it was breakfast or lunchtime. When the ship is full, they really need to ensure that all the drinks machines are working - the queues to get tea/coffee at breakfast time were awful.

Overall though, we really enjoyed the ship and the itinerary and would go on Arcadia again.

Best wishes to all

Ann

Hi Mel

Well I've finally got rid of the washing and ironing. The virus seems to be quite bad at the moment (it is not just the time of year). My in laws suffered on Oriana over Xmas with a bug (wouldn't like to say whether it was or was not Norwalk as no confirmation was made). My little niece picked it up first (8 year old in Peter Pans) and then her parents got it about a week later. We however fortunately managed to miss it!! Anyway, Norwalk virus still seems to be causing controversry with a large number of world cruise passengers on Oriana suffering according to a post on CC. Looking forward to both yours and Ken's views on the Arcadia!!

Elaine,

Glad you’ve got rid of all that ironing at last. I have replied to your message on the Norwalk virus in CC. Hope it didn’t spoil your in laws cruise to much it's horrible when the children are ill. I could not believe when I read your message in CC today and you mentioned my old infants and junior school small world. Taking of the Norwalk my moms village in Hereford seems to be stuck down with it 26 out of 40 of mom’s W I are ill with similar symptoms including my mom. Anyway on a happy note booked another cruise yesterday May 27th on the Oceania yippee

Mel

Ken

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with P&O, would be interested to hear your opinions especially as I am a Celebrity fan. Certainly glad we have got 2nd seating althoough I did book last April before the ship was even launched!!!

Mel/ Ann

Glad you enjoyed your cruise, love to hear more details. Did you manage to try Arcadian Rhodes? Are they charging for room service still? Also any details about the spa services, drinks prices and general food quality would be appreciated, also it says in the brochure they have a black and white themed formal evening, did they have that on your cruise? Hope so I have got just the dress for it!!!

Live to cruise

Just checked out your photos of the Galaxy Panama cruise, good shot of the Arcadia in the canal! That will be us this Christmas!

Thanks for that link Mel, lots of info there to keep me going!

Do the drink prices include the gratuity?

Hi Lisa,

yes Gratuity's are inclued in the drinks prices in all the bars. The only drinks person we tip is the wine waiter at our dinner table. Glad you liked the site I've enjoyed reading it.

Mel

Archived