Swim w/ the dolphins

This is something that I've wanted to do for quite awhile. When we went to Disney 3 years ago I almost did it but decided not to spend the money. Family and I are sailing on the Carnival Legend next year and I have an opportunity to swim w/ Flipper :D while on the cruise, I believe in Tortolla. Anyone ever do this? Is it worth the $?

We did it in Cozumel and I have to say it was worth every penny!!! My three kids and my DH did the Swim with the dolphins. It was at the time $120.00 pp. This is not to be confused with a dolphin encounter. (just petting and watching) They were up close with them. They shook hands, kissed them, went for two rides on them, played with them and did tricks with them. The place we went with even made a video and we definitely bought that! it was worth the $50.00! Go for it! You will love it. My kids and DH will never forget it! :)

We did the Swim Encounter in Tortola on July 13, 2005. It was one of the best experiences I have ever encountered. The cost was for 120.00 pp, for $30.00 more you can get the swim, which I would do next time. The only down side of it, was that it was way too short about 25 minutes and they make you sit in a room after that to watch the video of what you just did. The cost of the video was $35.00, however you can skip that purchase and buy the pictures...Have Fun....:)

We did the Dophin swim at Discovery Cove in Orlando. It's accross the street from Sea World and part of Sea World. You have make advance reservations, no walk ups. There are a limited number of guests allowed each day so it is never crowded. It's a whole day adventure. The dolphin swim is about 30 minutes, then the rest of the day you can snorkle with stingrays and tropical fish, there is a tropical bird aviary, and a lazy river. The package included lunch and entertainment. The food was fabulous.

The package also includes a 5 day unlimited pass to Sea World and a 5 day unlimited pass to Busch Gardens in Tampa. Total for a family of 4 was about $1000.00. It looks like sticker shock but when you break down that it's a whole day at the park, the food, the entertainment, the Sea world pass, the Busch Garden pass, I thought it was a good deal.

My kids loved it, still talk about it as the best vacation yet. Even my finicky hubby (who had a total meltdown when he saw the credit card bill) had a wonderful time and thought it was great.

Enjoy........

dondonma

We did the swim in June, was worth the money. As stated it was about $120 and lasted for about 45 minutes. It was about a 10 minute ride from the pier, which was nice. Trainers were very helpful and nice. If you have kids they were great with them as not to make them afraid of the dolphins. The video is a CD $50.00 nice quality and close ups. Pictures wer $6 to $10 each, close ups of only you and the dolphin.

I am going to Roatan Island on my cruise and I will be doing a dolphin dive, where the dolphin's actually guide you along the bottom. It's with Anthony's Key Resort and run's $200 with all the equipment. They have just the swim for about $120 and as I have heard, it all well worth the $$$. Have fun!

I've done the dolphin activities several times, and it's definitely a lot of fun!

As a tip, you can save a fair amount of money by booking directly, rather than through Carnival. If you're going in Tortola, visit http://www.*****tortola/ for details on the programs available and for direct booking information.

Exact same programs, usually about 20-40% cheaper...

Archived