Dream SPA Deck question

PresDuLac

Where exactly is the entrance/reception area to the Spa on Spa Deck?

Is it between the stairs?

On one side of cabins or both sides?

I'll be booking on Spa Deck and proximity to the entrance is a big factor in choosing the cabin.

TIA :)

dream_spa_frontgif_zps47338707.gif

The main entrance is between those two stairways you see on the deck plan.

There is another entrance that gets little use from the spiral staircase you see actually located in the spa, there behind the ladie's locker and next to the thermal pool.

The main entrance is between those two stairways you see on the deck plan.

There is another entrance that gets little use from the spiral staircase you see actually located in the spa, there behind the ladie's locker and next to the thermal pool.

Thanks a lot, DaDivaMom!

That's exactly what I need to know. :)

Stay on the Starboard side of the ship on the spa deck if you can, I have heard numerous complaints about the spa deck room on the port side of the ship near the gym/workout center!

Thanks, MuffyKismet.

Good to know, we kind of want the Spa experience to be relaxing.

Just had 12211 and loved it.

Thanks, jamesr3939.

That's one of the rooms we were considering and since it's Starboard, it's at the top of the list now.

My traveling partner/daughter has a prosthetic leg and it's still really tough for her to get around.

I just took her on her first cruise (Sunshine) and she loved it but it was pretty hard for her with crutches.

She'll get a scooter for our Dream cruise, but I really want her to be able to head to the spa easily - she deserves to be pampered and this mama wants to make sure she is :)

If you are booking a balcony you might want to take into consideration that the deck 12 balconies are not covered. The deck 11 ones are but if you look at them make sure you are not booking underneath the gym. There have been lots of complaints about the noise from the gym early in the mornings. There is a special staircase and elevator to go straight from the 11th deck spa cabins to the 12th deck spa facilities.

There are a great set of videos (I think 4 in all) that show you the paths in around the spa. I also believe that the special elevator for spa guests on deck 11 is handicap accessible (meaning a scooter can fit in there too).

Check out the first of the 4 videos:

If you are booking a balcony you might want to take into consideration that the deck 12 balconies are not covered. The deck 11 ones are but if you look at them make sure you are not booking underneath the gym. There have been lots of complaints about the noise from the gym early in the mornings. There is a special staircase and elevator to go straight from the 11th deck spa cabins to the 12th deck spa facilities.

Thanks, Mysticks1.

I didn't know that about the balconies. Hmmm, we'll have to look at deck 11 now.

I will definitely make sure we're not under or next to the gym.

There are a great set of videos (I think 4 in all) that show you the paths in around the spa. I also believe that the special elevator for spa guests on deck 11 is handicap accessible (meaning a scooter can fit in there too).

Check out the first of the 4 videos:

Thanks, jbcnusoon.

We watched those videos! They're excellent, aren't they?

They made us so excited about booking a Spa balcony.

As my daughter said, it's like a cruise within a cruise.

She won't need the scooter 24/7, she can walk, just not for very long lengths of time.

She missed out on so much on Sunshine because she just couldn't get around easily - she still had a wonderful time and is a big cruise fan now.

We can't wait!

Thanks, jbcnusoon.

We watched those videos! They're excellent, aren't they?

They made us so excited about booking a Spa balcony.

As my daughter said, it's like a cruise within a cruise.

She won't need the scooter 24/7, she can walk, just not for very long lengths of time.

She missed out on so much on Sunshine because she just couldn't get around easily - she still had a wonderful time and is a big cruise fan now.

We can't wait!

I totally understand the difficulty getting around a ship. The last 2 cruises I took my Dad who was in a wheelchair 24/7. Everything we did was booked around what he could and couldn't do.

The spa videos are extremely helpful. Not only do they show you what the rooms look like, but it tells you were faucets and buttons are in the pools and walls.

If on 12 you will be on the same deck as the spa entrance. We were steps away. She shouldn't have an issues as the main elevators go to 12. There is a small glass elevator inside the spa area that will take you up to the serenity area on 14 and 15. There is some cover over the balcony but it depends on the suns location how much shade you get. We never found it to be an issue. I would go for 12207 or 12209 as nobody can stand at the deck railing above you. They really can't see any thing as the hull angles in, but you can hear the conversations. She will find the showers in the spa locker room much better DW used them rather than the cabin shower.

To explain a little. If in a spa cabin you have to check in at reception when you go in. They swap your room key for a white cloud 9 key and you will get a white elastic arm band to keep during the cruise. The white card gets you into the restricted spa guest only areas. Otherwise anybody can just walk into the gym and gym locker room or walk on through to the glass elevator. Be aware don't leave your white card in your spa robe pocket and wander. I started to go out a door by the steam room and just about locked myself outside.

Also there is an unmarked door at the end of our hallway I found by accident the takes you into the co ed sauna room area. No card key needed. So I guess that sauna room is open to non spa deck guest. It wasn't very big.

If you want the shortest walk do those few starboard cabins on 12.