Sunshine Cruise Review 2/9/14-2/16/14 with pictures! (Western Caribbean)

Ciardasully

OMG, I am suddenly starving! Between this awesome review and the thread about "drinks" I am so anxious to get on board. I just hope 11 days is enough for all I want to drink and eat!

I cant wait to read and see more!

Robin

Cheers! Bon Appetit! And have a great time!

We had been told that the Piano Bar was good so we made our way over there. I have heard that this is the only smoke-free piano bar but I am not sure if that is true. This one is smoke-free though so if you are like me and have asthma, no worries.

We were enjoying the show when Ben, the piano man noticed that there was a man in a kilt walking around and called Bryon up for a special rendition of "The Scotsman."

IMG_3660.jpg

Bryon with Elton John glasses.

IMG_3664.jpg

With a goofy crab hat.

IMG_3667.jpg

We grabbed some midnight pizza and then went back to room to go to bed.

IMG_3668.jpg

IMG_3669.jpg

Good Morning- Second Day at Sea!

IMG_3670.jpg

Right near Cuba

IMG_3671.jpg

We went to Brunch. Service was slow.

Bryon used his past guest drink coupon. He was all fancy with a mimosa.

IMG_3677.jpg

Bryon's breakfast.

IMG_3678.jpg

I got the french toast encrusted in honey nut cheerios. This was way too much. I didn't eat a whole piece.

IMG_3679.jpg

OMG, I am suddenly starving! Between this awesome review and the thread about "drinks" I am so anxious to get on board. I just hope 11 days is enough for all I want to drink and eat!

I cant wait to read and see more!

Robin

You and me both. I got so hungry/thirsty I had to break out my homemade limoncello! I'd really like to sail the Sunshine again the sooner the better!

We did are usual. Some gambling, some trivia, some reading my kindle on the balcony. Then we grabbed some lunch on the lido.

IMG_3680.jpg

IMG_3681.jpg

We competed in round 2 of Red Frog Super Trivia.

Our meet and greet for the group on the "website that can't be named" never made it in the Funtimes but we heard it was at 2 in the limelight lounge so we headed over there in case people were there. Here are two low-quality pictures from that.

IMG_3682.jpg

IMG_3683.jpg

Going on sunshine next month and can't wait to read the rest of your review! I was already excited and your review is making me more so lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:cool:We will be on this sailing as well. CAN'T WAIT!!!! There will be 2 adult females, (2) 12 year old girls and (2) 16 year old boys. We are counting these days down and impatiently waiting for mid March.:)

It's my pleasure. I enjoy reading others reviews and like to pay it forward. I hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise!

Really enjoying your review! Thanks so much for writing it.

We're considering booking the Sunshine for this fall. I've read some

good reviews, but I've also read quite a few that talk about sewer smell

in and around the ship, including in some cabins as well. Did you

experience any of that, or hear about it while on the ship?

Ruskatab,

I would like for you to tell me the answer to a few of questions when you return. We have read that the wrap and the L-room actually have to go through a shared door before entering their cabin door. I would like to know if that is true. Also, I was wondering if there is any overhang for shade. Could you check and see if the partition can open to the aft extended balconies? Take care of our cabin. We are really excited about our May cruise in that room.

Edited by sailingwithfriends
More info. needed.

I'm curious about the sewer smell as well.....I leave next Sunday.

Kirsten

I know my husband already addressed there but we did not experience any sewer smell nor did we hear anyone talking about a sewer smell.

I have been looking forward to Cucina del Capitano since I sampled it at the taste bar on my Glory cruise last year. My mouth would water whenever I read reviews where the people went to Cucina del Capitano. It was good but it didn’t reach my expectations. However, I live in an area (New York, albeit Upstate) where there are lots of Italian restaurants and Italian markets so maybe I am spoiled. Don’t get me wrong, it is good and better than say Olive Garden but I think I must have had unrealistic expectations or something. I would eat there again but maybe try different food items.

We started out with the delicious bread.

IMG_3702.jpg

Bryon got the Arancini and they were delicious.

IMG_3703.jpg

I got the eggplant and it wasn’t what I was expecting. I was expecting it to be more like a breaded and fried cutlet. This was baked in a dish, breaded but not fried. It was also spicy and I was not expecting that. I would pass on the eggplant in the future.

IMG_3704.jpg

For dinner Bryon had the chicken parm and a side of spaghetti Bolognese. Bryon was so full that he never touched the spaghetti.

IMG_3705.jpg

IMG_3706.jpg

I had the linguine with Nonna’s meatballs and really enjoyed them.

IMG_3707.jpg

IMG_3708.jpg

For dessert Bryon and I both had the cannoli. Warning, they are made with an orange zest which I didn’t like. If you don’t care for orange, don’t get this dessert. Bryon also thought they overmixed the ricotta filling.

IMG_3709.jpg

We enjoyed Cucina del Capitano but we found the service a little lacking. They never checked on us after they gave us our entrée. Bryon had finished his glass of wine and wanted another and never got the opportunity to order a second glass. Maybe they were having an off night.

The show playing tonight was Motor City. Bryon and I saw it on the Glory and liked it. We thought about going to see it again but we didn’t end up doing that. We would up at the piano bar for some more fun.

IMG_3711.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

IMG_3713.jpg

Ole! Ole! Ole!

IMG_3714.jpg

Partway through the show, there was too much fun with the hats. Someone threw a hat and it knocked over someone else’s drink and it spilled on Ben’s sounds equipment. So the show ended early that night.

Off to bed we went.

IMG_3715.jpg