Sunshine Cruise Review 2/9/14-2/16/14 with pictures! (Western Caribbean)

Ciardasully

Maybe Butch was having an off week. We were on the Breeze in January and really enjoyed him. It was the hands down best sail away party ever....he was dancing with everyone and literally there was probably over 100 people trying to follow along. It was fantastic.

That is totally possible. It was also the week before the bloggers cruise as well so he might have been busy preparing for that.

I am not fan of crowds so I usually watch sail away on my balcony. But if that is someone's thing, that would be awesome. Different strokes for different folks. Glad you had a great time on the Breeze :)

Great review, thanks for sharing! We will be on the Sunshine in a few months and after two vacays on the Breeze I was afraid the Sunshine might pale in comparison...but based on your pics looks like we will be fine!:)

I hope you have a great time on your upcoming Sunshine cruise. I am curious how the Sunshine would compare to the Breeze. The Breeze is definitely a cruise I want to do.

• 10 months later...

Nice review as was your review of the Glory. Glad you had fun down here in Nola and like that you went off the beaten path a bit going to see the Tabasco plant. By the way, did you know that the causeway bridge is the world's longest bridge over a body of water at 24 miles long? Just some useless trivia info for ya. lol

Someone may have already asked this and if so, please forgive me but where did you go to get your passport stamped in GC?

TIA!

One way is you can request the Purser at the front desk to have them stamped. They handle along with the ships other port business/admin.

I am not sure I would get off the ship if I were to cruise to Jamaica again.

When we were preparing for our cruise in 2013, I kept hearing all the horror stories about Montego Bay. It was enough that I considered staying on the ship. I kept doing research and I found an excursion through resortforaday DOT com. I believe the price was $69 per person for an all inclusive day at Sunset Beach Resort. This included all you could eat & drink, a small waterpark, several pools (one had a swim up bar), non-motorized sports like snorkeling, kayaks, etc. and transportation to and from the port. It was so nice to be picked up and the port and dropped of right in front of the resort lobby. We didn't have to deal with any of the pushy vendors that we've heard so many people complain about.

We're planning to return to MoBay in November and seriously considering doing this once again, simply for the fact that you're not harassed by the locals.

Side Note: Don't pay for the wifi. We did this and it's spotty and terribly limited! About the only place that we could connect was in the main lobby which is pretty noisy.

One way is you can request the Purser at the front desk to have them stamped. They handle along with the ships other port business/admin.

This is good to know. I've never heard this before. So could they stamp for all of the ports that are on the itinerary?

Nice review as was your review of the Glory. Glad you had fun down here in Nola and like that you went off the beaten path a bit going to see the Tabasco plant. By the way, did you know that the causeway bridge is the world's longest bridge over a body of water at 24 miles long? Just some useless trivia info for ya. lol

We had fun exploring your area! We figured we should see as much as possible because we don't know when we will get a chance to return. I did not know that but I am not surprised that it is the world's longest bridge. I love useless trivia. :)

Someone may have already asked this and if so, please forgive me but where did you go to get your passport stamped in GC?

TIA!

I can't remember if someone asked it before but even if they had...no biggie. :)

When you get into port, it's on the right hand side. My husband writes in more detail on our cruise website.

When we were preparing for our cruise in 2013, I kept hearing all the horror stories about Montego Bay. It was enough that I considered staying on the ship. I kept doing research and I found an excursion through resortforaday DOT com. I believe the price was $69 per person for an all inclusive day at Sunset Beach Resort. This included all you could eat & drink, a small waterpark, several pools (one had a swim up bar), non-motorized sports like snorkeling, kayaks, etc. and transportation to and from the port. It was so nice to be picked up and the port and dropped of right in front of the resort lobby. We didn't have to deal with any of the pushy vendors that we've heard so many people complain about.

We're planning to return to MoBay in November and seriously considering doing this once again, simply for the fact that you're not harassed by the locals.

Side Note: Don't pay for the wifi. We did this and it's spotty and terribly limited! About the only place that we could connect was in the main lobby which is pretty noisy.

Thanks for the tips! I will keep this place in mind if we ever return to Montego Bay.