Sunshine Cruise Review 2/9/14-2/16/14 with pictures! (Western Caribbean)

Ciardasully

Just curious, why would you leave the City to stay in Metairie? You are close to the port, and plenty of walking options.

The hotel we were booked at didn't have free parking. It was $27 for valet and it also had some reviews about being across from a club. Thanks to this review, I looked at Mariotts in Meterie and got one that is a suite, will allow an extra rollaway for my four year old, has free hot breakfast, and is letting us park free for the duration of the cruise! Score!!!

Edited by MarathonMama629

Sitting at work and I neeed the baaarrrrtendder.... :D

I just sent a link to Bruce at work. Yes....we need a BARTENDER!! Ben was great. "Drink!". I think the Piano Bar was Bruce's favorite evening activity. The entire cruise was a lot of fun. Although, it could have been a tad bit warmer on that first sea day.

Can't wait to go again!!

Carlene

If I'm not mistaken you and your hubby were recently married (maybe about a year or so), and I also read a review you did not too long ago. Loved your last review and can't wait to finish reading this. Thanks for sharing. By the way, my hubby and I are taking the Dream out of New Orleans in October, so the tours and pictures of New Orleans gives us an idea of pre-cruise and post-cruise tours. Thanks.

That was probably our Glory Review. Thank you for your kind words. I hope this review is as good that the first one. I hope you have fun in New Orleans and on the dream.

The hotel we were booked at didn't have free parking. It was $27 for valet and it also had some reviews about being across from a club. Thanks to this review, I looked at Mariotts in Meterie and got one that is a suite, will allow an extra rollaway for my four year old, has free hot breakfast, and is letting us park free for the duration of the cruise! Score!!!

I am glad it all worked out well for you. :)

Nice start to your review. I am interested to see your views on the Sunshine. We were on the Sunshine from December 8-15. I also did a photo review.

BTW....you must really like Tobasco Sauce ;)

I read your review :)

And I actually don't like Tabasco sauce but my father used to put it on everything. I also love to go on road trips and see places of interest.

We decided to book an AFT balcony and booked 6348. It was right next to the port side AFT wrap balcony. I totally want one of those someday.

We really enjoy the balcony. Yes they are expensive but we go on vacation to enjoy the warm weather in the winter months. Also, I don't do very we crowds so it is nice to have my own place to do. With three sea days I had some time to read my kindle. It was enjoyable, except we were sandwiched between people who knew each other and they would yell across my balcony to each other and that did annoy me. Luckily they weren't outside much. (Though I wonder, why pay for a wrap balcony that you aren't going to use?)

Our room steward was Jakphet and he was wonderful. He had introduced himself and I was immediately impressed because our room steward on the Glory never introduced himself. I was happy and said to Bryon "Everyone writes reviews on cruise critic and they say their room stewards introduce themselves and ours never did last time. But he did this time." He was good too. We had asked for some ice and he filled it every morning and every night.

Please excuse the mess on the bed.

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3534.jpg

The bathroom. I forgot to get one of the shower. Ooops.

IMG_3531.jpg

Our freebies.

IMG_3532.jpg

Our balcony.

IMG_3537.jpg

IMG_3538.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to post this, can't wait to see the rest. We sail in 10 days. I've been reading a lot of negative reviews. I'm going to have an open mind though!! I'm pretty easy to please.

And glad you enjoyed my hometown. I've lived here my whole life. Couldn't imagine living anywhere else!!

Kirsten

Thanks for taking the time to post this, can't wait to see the rest. We sail in 10 days. I've been reading a lot of negative reviews. I'm going to have an open mind though!! I'm pretty easy to please.

And glad you enjoyed my hometown. I've lived here my whole life. Couldn't imagine living anywhere else!!

Kirsten

I love your profile pic! Mass there was beautiful.

It wasn't a perfect cruise but we still had a great time. You seem to have the right attitude and I am sure you will have a good time!

We decided to get lunch. Bryon wanted a Guy's Burger and I had been so excited to try Cucina del Capitano. Cucina del Capitano, Ji-Ji's and the Havana Bar are in the same area. When you enter, there is the hostess stand for the Ji-Ji's and Cucina del Capitano and you can make reservations there. You do not have to stop there. You can walk right by and go to whichever place you want.

When you enter, Cucina del Capitano will be to your right, Ji-Ji's will be to your left and the Havana Bar is straight ahead. Lunch at Cucina del Capitano and Ji-Ji's are free. Havana Bar has snacks.

IMG_3549.jpg

Mmmmm. Farafelle, Chicken, Onions, Cherry Tomatoes and Alfredo. It was good except the pasta seemed a little underdone for me but it was still good.

IMG_3550.jpg

I was unable to get a picture of Bryon's burger. After lunch we walked around.

Pool on the lido deck.

IMG_3547.jpg

We decided to check out the Library Bar

IMG_3555.jpg

Self serve wine station.

IMG_3557.jpg