What to do in Nassau

Janteach

I would like to know more about the taxi tours. We will be the in April 2014. My mom will have a scooter, will they be able to handle that? We are not beach people and was looking for something different. TIA!

Most taxi's are vans. If the scooter folds up, it can go in the back like luggage. If not, there is no lift or ramp on taxi vans.

If it's heavy, the driver may be a women or an older gent.. so don't expect them to lug it for you.

Our tour guy had 3 different tours they offer 2 hr $25pp, 3 hr $35pp, and 5hr $60pp ( which includes lunch) . You can reserve you spots in his van before you ever leave on your cruise by emailing him. I am more then happy to share his contact information with anyone interested. His name is Mario and we had a GREAT tour. Just email me at megator2@aol.com and I can send you his email and phone number!!! Hope you enjoy your time in Nassau!

Edited by MuffyKismet

Our tour guy had 3 different tours they offer 2 hr $25pp, 3 hr $35pp, and 5hr $60pp ( which includes lunch) . You can reserve you spots in his van before you ever leave on your cruise by emailing him. I am more then happy to share his contact information with anyone interested. His name is Mario and we had a GREAT tour. Just email me at megator2@aol.com and I can send you his email and phone number!!! Hope you enjoy your time in Nassau!

Thanks for all of the info. I have been communicating with Mario via email and he has been very helpful. We are booking a tour with him while in port.

There are three companies that do food/booze tours.

Each has it's own pros and cons.

Bahamas Food Adventure

Tru Bahamian

Islandz Tour

You can also do some tours on your own.

Rum tour at John Watlings (Free)

Chocolate tour at Graycliff ($10)

Bahama Rum Cake (Free).

I'm not much of a drinker, but I'd love to try a food tour. I also saw your posts about the people to people program. I'm a 69 year old woman and will be traveling alone. Could you recommend something?

I'll be in Nassau on April 10,2014 from 11am until 8pm.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by obobber