Golf tour on Liberty

FLGolfer49

We have booked the golf tours in Cozumel and Roaton. We plan on bringing our own clubs. Any advice on checking them (not comfortable with this option) or carry on. What extra stuff to bring to make our golf more enjoyable?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

DH has played at Cozumel and he was a tad worried as well. If I remember correctly they wouldn't let him bring as carry on - however, he tipped well, waited at the bell stand to ensure his bag was still standing up and nothing was placed on top - who knows what happened after it qot mixed with other carts BUT we did receive the golf bag first (this was before FTF etc). Then on the last night, we did the same thing waited for the cart - tipped heavily, and prayed for good luck.

He has carried on the clubs at least 3 times that I can remember and never has had a problem with this method.

The usual bug spray, sun tan lotion, be sure you pack your glove and shoes as the DD had to rent her equipment and it took longer than the DH thought was necessary for those items. Water bottles as it was much hotter than they thought it would be and what we are used to here in VA (and yes we are in the humidty belt). Not to mention if you need to buy something at their club houses the prices are sky high.

Good luck and happy golfing. Both DH and DD said the course in cozumel was beautiful and well tended. DD took lots of wild life pictures.

I played the Black Pearl in Roatan on our cruise the last week of January. The course is in fairly good shape, though they are doing work on some holes.

Bring plenty of water, or your preferred beverage - no one comes around with drinks and there is only 1 place (15th hole I believe) which has beverages. They accept no cash, so you left to settle up at the club house after the round.

The caddies we had were not much help. They were young (18-21), and seemed really new. All in all, we had a good time, because we were playing golf!