Cloud 9 spa balcony cabin vs regular balcony on Splendor

mackfam

I've been trying to find out what the difference is between a cloud 9 spa balcony and a regular balcony? What amenities do you get with a spa balcony?

What is the likelihood of being able to change cabin categories (at no charge) after final payment if there is a price drop to less than we paid for current cabin?

Also, if prices drop after final payment, are you only able to get OBC if you booked the ES rate?

I've been trying to find out what the difference is between a cloud 9 spa balcony and a regular balcony? What amenities do you get with a spa balcony?

What is the likelihood of being able to change cabin categories (at no charge) after final payment if there is a price drop to less than we paid for current cabin?

Also, if prices drop after final payment, are you only able to get OBC if you booked the ES rate?

Do a little research this question gets asked daily.

Spa staterooms are only available to guests who pay for spa staterooms or suites. In the event that guests are upgraded into the Spa staterooms, they will not be eligible for the additional amenities.

Check out the following link for additional info...

(sorry here is the correct link for The Splendor) https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/splendor/splendor.ashx

Edited by pb19
incorrect link

if you get the cabin via a way of a free upgrade you dont get the amenities.

Not all ships have the thermal spa.

Some ships the Spa deck balconies are completly opened -- no covering at all

IF the price drops in the category you booked you can get cabin credit. But it must be in the category you booked--no lower.

and if a category higher became lower you can upgrade to that category.

You can not get a price discount for a pack and go rate.

you can not get the price of a guaratee cabin rate

Edited by serene56

Spa staterooms are only available to guests who pay for spa staterooms or suites. In the event that guests are upgraded into the Spa staterooms, they will not be eligible for the additional amenities.

Check out the following link for additional info...

(sorry here is the correct link for The Splendor) https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/splendor/splendor.ashx

Not true! We were upgraded to a Cloud 9 Spa Balcony on the Breeze two months ago (same amenities as on the Splendor) and were granted full access to everything!!!

Re your first question about the Splendor Cloud 9 spa balconies

You get nicer bathrobes, slippers, elemis shampoo/conditioner/lotion and access to the Thalassotherapy pool/scented steamrooms/heated loungers at no additional charge. You also get two free classes (yoga/spinning/etc) There is no smoking in spa cabins or balconies. The hallways and room decor are a bit different - I would describe it as more subdued than the regular cabins - but the rooms are the same size.

I loved mine.

Not true! We were upgraded to a Cloud 9 Spa Balcony on the Breeze two months ago (same amenities as on the Splendor) and were granted full access to everything!!!

That was nice!! This must be another one of those things that Carnival only enforces sometimes. I never have that kind of good luck.

I'm with you Milkman, we were upgraded to a Spa room on the Splendor in May and received all the perks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My question is...was it a free upgrade or was it an upsell? I've been told that free upgrades do not get the thermal package whereas paid upsells do. We were upsold from an oceanview to a Spa Balcony on Splendor in January for $299...which to us was a no-brainer because we were going to pay for the Thermal Suite package anyway (which is something like $249 or $299 for a couple for the week).

The room itself has upgraded robes and towels (which were very nice and thick) and you get the individual little bottles of the Elemis shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and lotion. Also, I don't know how they do it, but often on the balcony I was able to smell the spa fragrance that you normally smell in the spa area. Additionally, there is a spiral staircase in the area that leads right up to the spa. It is actually for anyone to use, but it felt like a private staircase.

We were upsold after final payment. Actually, they called to try to upgrade us to a suite, but we didn't want that...so they tried to upgrade us to a spa suite. When we told them that we wanted a spa balcony, they said that they were only calling about suites...to which we answered that if they want to sell an upgrade they need to find us a spa balcony. They spoke to a supervisor and came back with the offer I mentioned above.

Do a little research this question gets asked daily.

riclop,

'CC-Search' option has not been working for days. Anyhow, some folks would like to know the answer to the OP's question now when asked.

I want to thank all those folks who have answered the OP's questions....the info has helped me too.

Edited by monakayk

Let me clarify our upgrade. We booked our Breeze cabin using Early Saver about nine months prior to our Christmas cruise. After the point of final payment (about 60 days before our cruise) I noticed a price drop of about $50 per person. I contacted my TA. He called Carnival and was presented the choice of either upgrading from our Category 8C balcony cabin to a Spa Cabin or taking the $100 OBC. Given the greater value of the upgrade (several hundred dollars as I remember) we selected that option.

About 20 days out from our trip we read a similar thread about upgrades not receiving the full spa benefits. Panicking, thinking we had been somehow duped, we again called our TA. Our TA called Carnival and was informed that the 1st and 2nd guests in all Spa Level Cabins receive full benefits regardless of how they booked the cabin.

As previously mentioned, once on board our names were on the Spa's roster and we received our wristbands without any issue.

Depending on how you look at it I suppose we "purchased" the upgrade. However, Carnival could have offered us other balcony categories between our original 8C and the 8P Spa category. It was Carnival's choice of the upgrade (unless my TA negotiated it for us which is a possibility) and we agreed to it. The $50 per person certainly wouldn't have covered the cost of the spa package had we purchased it with our original 8C cabin so in my mind we had an excellent deal any way that you look at it.