Does Avis or Dollar have shuttle from TPA to port?

stacieps

We are going to spend a couple of days at St. Pete's beach prior to cruise so are renting a car at TPA. Has anyone rented from Avis or Dollar and then been shuttled to port after returning car? If yes, did you find it best for 1 person to return car after delivering rest to port (there are 7 of us)?

I know we did this in Port Canaveral but have not tried in Tampa (there were 4 of us and we all shuttled).

I guess I've answered my own question - I just booked with National (better rate than Dollar/Avis), and I called their Tampa location and was told it would be no problem getting shuttled to the port.

Hertz has a complimentary shuttle. We used them last year for our pre-cruise rental. After retturning the rental car , they then gave us ride to port. Upon our return from cruise, the Hertz driver rememered us and even though we were going directly to airport and not renting car after the cruise, he gave us free lift to their rental location which is at the airport!!! We were very happy to say the least!!!!:D

NJKerry and I are going on the Miracle 8/21 and are looking to rent a car to drive to Orlando for Part 2 of our vacation. Do the rental car companies have a shuttle that will pick you up at the port and take you to their location at the airport? If so, which ones?

It's no big deal to take a cab to the location, either, but if there's a free shuttle, why not take advantage?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Archived