Carnival Conquest and Carnival Ecstasy in Cozumel, Mexico (Video)

DEIx15x8

I usually post in the Royal Caribbean section but am a general ship fan so when I post videos of other ships arriving/departing a port I like to share them over in their respective areas as well. While in Cozumel, Mexico on January 15th, 2014 during a 10 night sailing of Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas we had an early arrival at 6am. A little later in the day at about 8:30am the Carnival Conquest arrived and docked at the pier next to ours. It was a rather rough weather day with passing showers, high winds, and rough seas so I stayed near the ship and was there to watch the Ecstasy arrive at 1:30pm. She docked at the pier with the Conquest but on our side of it giving us a spectacular view of her pulling along side. We then departed first at 4:30pm and had a great view down the pier between the two ships as we sailed out.

Video:

You can also see some picture in my album for January 15th: https://plus.google.com/photos/115365916503583655211/albums/5973129831570977393

DSC01577.JPG

DSC01615.JPG

DSC01689.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

DSC01712.JPG

DSC01745.JPG

Awesome photos! I was actually ON the Conquest on Jan. 15 in Cozumel! I also watched the Ecstasy pull in. Here's my short video of her pulling in:

It sure was windy that day! :eek:

Yeah it was. I'm not sure where the Conquest went next but hopefully you had some better weather. The winds and seas seemed to follow the Grandeur to Grand Cayman the next day.

Thanks for sharing your video. As soon as it start I think I can see myself on deck 5 of the Grandeur in front of the MDR windows just to the right of the Ecstasy's bridge.

I usually post in the Royal Caribbean section but am a general ship fan so when I post videos of other ships arriving/departing a port I like to share them over in their respective areas as well. While in Cozumel, Mexico on January 15th, 2014 during a 10 night sailing of Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas we had an early arrival at 6am. A little later in the day at about 8:30am the Carnival Conquest arrived and docked at the pier next to ours. It was a rather rough weather day with passing showers, high winds, and rough seas so I stayed near the ship and was there to watch the Ecstasy arrive at 1:30pm. She docked at the pier with the Conquest but on our side of it giving us a spectacular view of her pulling along side. We then departed first at 4:30pm and had a great view down the pier between the two ships as we sailed out.

Video:

You can also see some picture in my album for January 15th: https://plus.google.com/photos/115365916503583655211/albums/5973129831570977393

DSC01577.JPG

DSC01615.JPG

DSC01689.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

DSC01712.JPG

DSC01745.JPG

Thanks for posting! I am actually sailing on the Ecstasy in June and the Conquest in Sept.

Yeah it was. I'm not sure where the Conquest went next but hopefully you had some better weather. The winds and seas seemed to follow the Grandeur to Grand Cayman the next day.

Thanks for sharing your video. As soon as it start I think I can see myself on deck 5 of the Grandeur in front of the MDR windows just to the right of the Ecstasy's bridge.

I just looked again and I can see myself in your fifth picture! I was in the aft with another gentleman and his wife was in the stairwell thingy. So the blob on the right is me because the gentleman was standing on my right. I just watched your video and got excited when you panned over to the backup generator on the Conquest, but then you panned away. Lol! A little more to the right and you would have gotten me in the video. :D