Carnival Vista officially started

kybluecruiser

This is a major milestone in the shipbuilding process. We should see an official rendering within the next month or two.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/10700-first-steel-cut-on-new-135000-ton-carnival-vista.html

It'll be interesting to see how close it is to the proposed Project Mille from Fincantieri:

Fincantieri-Project-Mille-2.jpg

This is a major milestone in the shipbuilding process. We should see an official rendering within the next month or two.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/10700-first-steel-cut-on-new-135000-ton-carnival-vista.html

It'll be interesting to see how close it is to the proposed Project Mille from Fincantieri:

Fincantieri-Project-Mille-2.jpg

The only thing about the Mille project that may not work with carnival. Is that they moved the pools to lower decks. I like the design though

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The only thing about the Mille project that may not work with carnival. Is that they moved the pools to lower decks. I like the design though

I think another major impracticability of Mille is a complete loss of privacy for the standard balcony cabins. It's already somewhat of an issue with the Deck 6 and 7 balconies on the Dream Class, but if the equivalent of the Lanai area were expanded out even more it would completely destroy balcony privacy.

Of course, I'm just speculating because I have a very incomplete understanding of the Mille prototype, but if the pools are relocated down that would be a major concern of mine.

Edited by Dave85

I think another major impracticability of Mille is a complete loss of privacy for the standard balcony cabins. It's already somewhat of an issue with the Deck 6 and 7 balconies on the Dream Class, but if the equivalent of the Lanai area were expanded out even more it would completely destroy balcony privacy.

Of course, I'm just speculating because I have a very incomplete understanding of the Mille prototype, but if the pools are relocated down that would be a major concern of mine.

I say a more active lani deck will be reality. Just look at other recent new builds. Getaway and Breakaway both have lani like dream class with resturant seating and other venues. It looks like that is the future of shipbuilding.

I say a more active lani deck will be reality. Just look at other recent new builds. Getaway and Breakaway both have lani like dream class with resturant seating and other venues. It looks like that is the future of shipbuilding.

I agree. I'm sailing on Breakaway later in the year so I'll have a better sense then, but it seems the biggest difference between NCL's Oceanfront and CCL's Lanai is a roof covering and the absence of hot tubs. NCL seems to have a roof over the outdoor seating areas of the bars and restaurants, which would keep some of the noise down from drifting up, and they don't have the overhang hot tubs that the Lanai has.

I'll be interested to compare the two concepts when I sail Breakaway later this year.

Perhaps, but original designs are often redesigned so perhaps the Vista will be based on the mille project but have certain structural and architectural differences.

Edited by cjknox