Cruising from Barcelona to Italy/France on RCCL

Eventer55

My husband and I are planning on flying over next year and doing this trip. I've heard great things about it, but would like to hear from some of you. We will fly to Barcelona and end the trip in Barcelona. I started a thread on this before, but it disappeared. How was the ship? Was there enough time to get off and do things etc etc.

We would like to go around the end of March 2015.

In 2015 it will be Allure of the Seas sailing from Barcelona for the first time and she will be going round and round on 7 night cruises from May to October. Lots of time to get off and do things. Rome and Florance are a long bus ride from the ports. Barcelona is a nice place to stay for a few nights at the beginning or end of the cruise.

My husband and I are planning on flying over next year and doing this trip. I've heard great things about it, but would like to hear from some of you. We will fly to Barcelona and end the trip in Barcelona. I started a thread on this before, but it disappeared. How was the ship? Was there enough time to get off and do things etc etc.

We would like to go around the end of March 2015.

I don't think that royal will have any ships in the med in March 2015. It is too early in the season and the weather could be quite bad, cold and stormy.

We did that cruise in the fall of 2012 on the Liberty in combination with a TA. We chose that time because it is less rainy than the spring and the summer crowds are gone. We had some very light showers one day, but it was warm and sunny most of the time.

The trip was wonderful. Barcelona is great. You need at least 2 full days there, not counting boarding day. You can use HOHO buses, trains or taxis to get around. We used Barcelona Day tours to schedule some tours to places we didn't want to miss. Prices were reasonable. If you want to go to any of the famous buildings like Sagrada Familia on your own, buy your tickets in advance so you don't have to stand in long lines.

It was a wonderful cruise that we would do again in a minute.