VIFP and FCC questions

dogchopper

Too many abbreviations

:eek:

Anyway, first, last week I booked a cruise on the Paradise for June YAY, but I never looked on my account to see if I had any offers thru the VIFP program (cuz I didn't know it was going on:() now that I see all the free offers I decide to check and I have the up to 200 OBC offer. Did I totally blow it?? It says new bookings only so I assume I did blow it but how do you know if the offer was there before you booked ?? or does it matter ..

Next, we are also wanting to take a cruise this fall, and are looking into the Sunshine in November. Normally I would wait and book it while on the ship so I can take advantage of the FCC but, if I do I won't be able to get the early saver because it will be about 2 weeks too late. Can you get the FCC without being on the ship?

Thanks

Too many abbreviations

:eek:

Anyway, first, last week I booked a cruise on the Paradise for June YAY, but I never looked on my account to see if I had any offers thru the VIFP program (cuz I didn't know it was going on:() now that I see all the free offers I decide to check and I have the up to 200 OBC offer. Did I totally blow it?? It says new bookings only so I assume I did blow it but how do you know if the offer was there before you booked ?? or does it matter ..

Next, we are also wanting to take a cruise this fall, and are looking into the Sunshine in November. Normally I would wait and book it while on the ship so I can take advantage of the FCC but, if I do I won't be able to get the early saver because it will be about 2 weeks too late. Can you get the FCC without being on the ship?

Thanks

Unfortunately, Carnival no longer offers Future Cruise Certificates. In the past, you were only able to get them at the loyalty desk while onboard or by calling within seven days of getting off a ship that did not have a loyalty desk.

You can still get onboard credit by booking onboard. For your new bookings only offer, if you are not booked early saver and are not in a penalty period, you may be able to cancel and rebook. Be advised that the fare may be higher than your current fare.

If the offer is still valid while you are onboard, you will be able to combine the onboard credit from the offer with the onboard credit from booking onboard. On shorter cruises you may receive a smaller onboard credit than $200. It will probably be $50 for less than 7, $100 for 7-13 and $200 for 14+. You may want to check the terms and conditions of that offer.

Unfortunately, Carnival no longer offers Future Cruise Certificates. In the past, you were only able to get them at the loyalty desk while onboard or by calling within seven days of getting off a ship that did not have a loyalty desk.

You can still get onboard credit by booking onboard. For your new bookings only offer, if you are not booked early saver and are not in a penalty period, you may be able to cancel and rebook. Be advised that the fare may be higher than your current fare.

If the offer is still valid while you are onboard, you will be able to combine the onboard credit from the offer with the onboard credit from booking onboard. On shorter cruises you may receive a smaller onboard credit than $200. It will probably be $50 for less than 7, $100 for 7-13 and $200 for 14+. You may want to check the terms and conditions of that offer.

Ok, I'm still confused (a normal state of mind for me) so they don't give certificates but you can get the OBC by booking a cruise while one a cruise but if I want to book it before I won't get any OBC that way?? Is that what your saying

The other offer isn't going to be available (I don't think not 100% positive on that) so I'm out of luck on that one too :(

Poop

Ok, I'm still confused (a normal state of mind for me) so they don't give certificates but you can get the OBC by booking a cruise while one a cruise but if I want to book it before I won't get any OBC that way?? Is that what your saying

The other offer isn't going to be available (I don't think not 100% positive on that) so I'm out of luck on that one too :(

Poop

That's correct, the only way is to book it onboard. They discontinued the FCC program a while ago. The date you have to book by for that offer will be posted in the terms and conditions. If you don't see it, a quick call to Carnival should provide you an answer. If it is still valid while you're onboard, you can partake in both opportunities for onboard credit.

That's correct, the only way is to book it onboard. They discontinued the FCC program a while ago. The date you have to book by for that offer will be posted in the terms and conditions. If you don't see it, a quick call to Carnival should provide you an answer. If it is still valid while you're onboard, you can partake in both opportunities for onboard credit.

Ok, thanks.. I think I shall call them and see what they say