Victor Bodden or Roatan Cruise Excursions which should I choose?

wealth42morrow

Hello:

For the non-private group tour Fun-n-Sun with Victor Bodden or Roatan Highlights Island Tour, which is more enjoyable? They are pretty similar, whereas RHIT provides more details of the tour portion. I want to choice the right one, since I am traveling alone.

Thanks.

You should be able to get a ton of positives for Victor's tours.

I used them on our first trip to Roatan and it was great.

Our group was big enough for the entire van, so we basically wound up with a private tour, where we wanted, when we wanted.

Don't know who the other excursion is through, but I can vouch for a great day with Victor. (if it is a ship excursion, you'll be MUCH better off with Victor)

Just got back from doing the Zip-n-Dip with Victor Bodden last Wednesday. This is our second time doing it and it was fantastic. Victor and his guides are excellent about attending to their customers and love to show the island. There will be awesome photo ops with monkeys and parrots at the Bodden residence and West Bay Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean. Always the best part of the cruise.

This isn't related to the Fun-n-Sun, but if you are ever curious about the ziplines, he's updated the ziplines so there are more of them since the last time we went (April, 2012) and the harnesses looked relatively new. On the ziplines, you have to go up a rather high set of staircases to get onto the first platform. If you choose to do the optional higher, faster, longer ziplines, there's an extremely steep additional ramp to go up in the middle of the course.

If you're crusing Carnival (Mahogany Bay), have never done a Roatan tour before and booking on your tour directly, please know that the port won't let private tour operators pick up in the compound. You have to either walk over a hill (about 1/4 mile) or you can take a taxi. There's a staircase going up the hill but there's a portion of the road going down that doesn't have a sidewalk. The port does let private tours drop off in the compound.

One awesome cruiser on CruiseCritic posted video of their walk over the hill here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=22800629&postcount=12

I don't think the staircase is in the video but it's where the grass is around 22s into the second video.

Edited by deacent1