pictures and review about main dining room food or pic and review of new menu

gioia73

Hello reading so many many reviews on awful food on Norwegian... can someone please post pic of the new menu? if now old menu main free dining pics? and reviews please... we loved royal Caribbean main dining food- how does Norwegian compare? we are foodies food is very important!

thanks

We have been on royal, celebrity, carnival and ncl. We have loved each cruise but we come back to ncl. We have never found bad food anywhere. Great not so great but never bad!!! Go and have a great time and do some specialty restaurants, we have on each line!

Edited by Still Dreaming

Tricky ? We did not care for Burmuda. I know we are the only ones that did not like it!!! We did not dislike royal but we did not like the 6 o'clock 8 o'clock seating, they may have changed it by now. I think we cruised them in 2006. Loved our promenade room but missed a balcony. Loved the ice skating show but that is all I can recall of the ship!!!

Love the freestyle style, sushi is our favorite. Tried celebrity last year and loved the martini bar!! So far that is our favorite of any ship!!

We did the spirit in the med 2012, Hawaii before that and western Caribbean before that on ncl, I cannot complain about anything!

Edited by Still Dreaming

Now that my daughter is off to college, I live alone and so don't cook much. Right now, the fridge contains :

1. Tomato juice

2. Lemonade

3. Lot's of salad dressing

4. some old lettuce

5. either very new cheese, or very old meat. (Okay, so I stole that line from the Odd Couple...still funny and still true in my case.)

I have not cruised on NCL in several years, but from what I recall, the food was fantastic....the other day, I pulled out my old scrapbook from the s/s Norway and it had all the photos I had taken of the food ...I would post them but my scanner is kaput and I haven't bought a new one yet.

In any case, I remember when Le Bistro first started on the Norway. It was, hands down, the best filet mignon I have ever had, before or SINCE.

I also remember the MDR (Windward on the Norway) was phenomenal. I cannot recall ever having a "bad" meal, or even "just so-so" meal on NCL.

I am not a gourmet but I grew up in 5 star restaurants and hotels. (Long story that's not needed here) The only line I nearly starved was Carnival. If it hadn't been for room service on the Ecstasy I would have left the cruise, for the first time, several pounds lighter.

If you have enjoyed Royal , then you will have no problems with NCL. Unless something has drastically changed in the last several years, I can't imagine anyone being unhappy.

I have not seen the new menu's and I don't think they are out yet, at least not fleetwide. But from what I have seen on this board, photos, and other menus, you will definitely not starve, and you will probably gain a few pounds.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hello reading so many many reviews on awful food on Norwegian... can someone please post pic of the new menu? if now old menu main free dining pics? and reviews please... we loved royal Caribbean main dining food- how does Norwegian compare? we are foodies food is very important!

thanks

MDR food is hit or miss in my opinion. Best to ask your server what they recommend. If it is terrible, order something different. We enjoy the specialty restaurants, but we aren't really foodies. I hear the Chef's Table is quite good, but of course not "free".