Sailing on March 9? Don't Miss the Ship

Havinsnest

We're sailing on Sunshine on March 9. DST starts that day and I thought I'd post a reminder for others who are sailing on the 9th.

Daylight Savings Time 2014 begins before Easter when days become longer and longer heading closer to the Spring Equinox.

So if you are asking, "When does Daylights Savings 2014 time begin?" The answer is the date Daylight Savings Time (DST) will begin for Florida is on Sunday March 9, 2014.

The rest of the United States will also turn their clocks forward on March 9, 2014 with the exception of Hawaii and Arizona because those states do not practice Daylight Savings Time.

This means that we lose (not gain) an hour when we turn our clocks ahead an hour to 3:00 a.m. when our clocks reach 2 a.m. on Sunday.

A helpful way to remember whether to set our clocks ahead or behind one hour during the Daylight Savings Time change for Spring 2014 is to "Fall Back" and "Spring Ahead."

Daylight Savings Time 2014 will end on Sunday November 2, 2014.

Is it "Daylight Savings Time" or "Daylight Saving Time"? The correct term is without the "s" but the added "s" has become so widely used in the United States that this article has includes the added "s

Thanks for the reminder, but if most are as anxious as DW and I on embark day, I can't imagine not getting to port on time to sail. LOL

That's me too, always there before they start boarding. OP - Thanks for the reminder. I will be happy when it gets here.