Serenity ~ Sunshine

MikeM

Quote from one who just returned from the Sunshine. Just sad....

"Serenity area seemed to be the best place on the ship, although we did see children up there with parents and others just running free. "

My last cruise on the Sunshine, occasionally I saw parents with children on the Serenity deck, however I saw a crew member politely point to a sign that said no children allowed and they quickly exited. Never saw any children roaming free in the area.

As a new cruiser back in 1995, I was unaware of the topless deck and did not read the signs..... It was new and fun to explore the ship. I don’t blame them.

However, the thermal suits were a different story... I was asked to be quiet after a few ladies and my self came from a wild night that carried over into the early morning.... Sorry, it was my fault we were having a good time.... but were interrupting the serenity of the area. So us drunken adults can wreck havoc on the ship also.

Serenity, Ji Ji's Asian Kitchen (Up charge for Dinner), and the Cuban bar were my fav's.

Just got off of the Sunshine yesterday and we had a spa room. The only time we saw a child on the serenity deck was when our 10 year old daughter would walk with us across the open deck to our room on deck 11. The serenity is very nice and was not to tough to find a spot to sit anytime of the day.

Mike,

As you can see, maybe you should only post what you actually have first hand knowledge of. I, too, was recently on the Sunshine and never saw children on the serenity decks. It was very peaceful and I always found a bed, clamshell or hammock. I think some people are just so determined to continue the bad press on the Sunshine that they are forced to comment on things they just know nothing about. I am not into bashing other CC members, but it just angers me that some members find it necessary to constantly be "experts" on things they really have no business commenting on at all. I wish we would all stick to being helpful in a friendly atmosphere of communication on issues we have first hand knowledge of. I was very leary of going on the Sunshine after all the bad wraps I had seen on it, but thankfully I did. It was one of my favorite ships overall. No, it was not perfect, but what is?

Mike,

As you can see, maybe you should only post what you actually have first hand knowledge of. I, too, was recently on the Sunshine and never saw children on the serenity decks. It was very peaceful and I always found a bed, clamshell or hammock. I think some people are just so determined to continue the bad press on the Sunshine that they are forced to comment on things they just know nothing about. I am not into bashing other CC members, but it just angers me that some members find it necessary to constantly be "experts" on things they really have no business commenting on at all. I wish we would all stick to being helpful in a friendly atmosphere of communication on issues we have first hand knowledge of. I was very leary of going on the Sunshine after all the bad wraps I had seen on it, but thankfully I did. It was one of my favorite ships overall. No, it was not perfect, but what is?

Thank you for mentioning the bad wrap that the Sunshine has gotten. We leave this Sunday and I've heard nothing but negative comments. I've never had a bad Carnival cruise. I'm choosing to see the glass as half full......and I'm looking forward to relaxing in the Serenity area!!

Thanks again.

Kirsten

I was on the Sunshine during the week of 2/9. My husband and I spent all of our time on the Serenity decks. Never once saw any kids and rarely saw an empty chair. It is noisy on the lower Serenity decks close to the pool. The upper Serenity deck has a bar and be prepared to be blown away...literally. It was pretty windy up there so you really couldn't hear much noise from the main pool.

Had a great trip and it was our first cruise ever.

We leave on March 16 on the Sunshine and I am elated. I can hardly wait. I have read review after review and most of the negatives have been pretty petty in my mind. Nothing is ever going to be perfect but I am going to enjoy my vacation to the fullest and come back and leave my photo review on cruise critic for all the naysayers to see.

We leave on March 16 on the Sunshine and I am elated. I can hardly wait. I have read review after review and most of the negatives have been pretty petty in my mind. Nothing is ever going to be perfect but I am going to enjoy my vacation to the fullest and come back and leave my photo review on cruise critic for all the naysayers to see.

I leave this Sunday. I can't wait!! I'll let you know how it was.....

Kirsten

I cruised on Sunshine over New Years and loved the ship. The upgrades are really nice. The food was good. The crew wasn't as friendly as other Carnival ships, but they did provide great service.

I did see a father with 2 young sons in the Serenity pool splashing up a storm one day and no one ever asked them to leave. It didn't ruin my cruise, but it was annoying. I loved the Serenity waterfall.