1st cruise w/kids to Nassau & Freeport - excursion credit

Kgstar

Hi, I am not new to CC but this is my first post. I have been on here since before my first cruise on the Imagination to Key West and Cozumel but a year ago. My DH and I enjoyed ourselves so much we decided to bring the kids along. We are in our early to mid 30's and manage to have 3 boys in our blended fam, a 16 y.o. and 2 -13 y.o.'s.

I have been searching and have not found info relative to my situation. My question/stress is; We booked our cruise and received $100 per cabin (2) in excursion credit. I know they are expensive which is why my DH and I just strapped our shoes and went off the beaten path when we went on our last cruise. I am a researcher and will plan ever last detail well in advance of anything we do. Anyway, back to my question (sorry). I would like to know where would our excursion credit be best used? Also, what excursions would be good. I thought the kids would like to go to the Blue Lagoon and see the dolphins but one of my kids is concerned for their treatment in captivity. (He watches movies like Black Fish and The Grove). They would like to do something with ATV's.

Out of the two ports, which one would be best to explore on our own and which one provides the best excursions?

Also, for their age, are the kid activities entertaining enough? They are good at doing things without us but I wouldn't want them to come back and want to hang out with us cause they are bored (is that possible?)

And to add one more thing: I am considering walkie talkies to keep in touch with them. They are all so different and I am sure they will all go and do their own things, plus my DH is talking about maybe staying on the ship or not doing an excursion so as to save money and I don't want to take our cell phones. Which ones are recommended if at all?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.