NCL Breakaway - Bottom deck?

microbrew

Anyone here stayed in Deck 5? I'm still a few weeks out from my cruise. Last time, I could have upgraded 80/pp to deck 14 (inside cabin). Didn't do it at that time.

I'm running a tight budget and I'm just wondering if its worthwhile to get a higher up cabin for the sake of comfort and quiet.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got home from the breakaway and it was amazing! I had a spa balcony (which was just a regular balcony with spa access) on deck 14. I can not speak to the lower decks, but deck 14 was very quiet and relaxed. We were right next door to the suites so the butler would give us some of the suites snacks from time to time :)

I don't think you will have a problem either way since all the action is focused around decks 7 and 8 with some on 6. The main dining room is deck 7 but the 2 side dining rooms which are great for breakfast and lunch are deck 6. Do you know if your cabin is forward or aft? Forward was really quiet on deck 6 with more action towards the aft.

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip! The breakaway is amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

We are on BA June 22 sailing. We are travelling with 3 grand kids (8,6&2) and needed connecting rooms and closer to elevator (knee problems for grandma). Traded the OAs higher deck/front of the ship for OCs on deck 5 below Taste/Savor. I am now having doubts. Are these rooms (5830, 5832 & 5834) noisy?