Norwegian lost my onboard credit

darkauburnnotred

Every document states in plain English that after final payment has been made, there is no ability to get a reduced cabin price or OBC. You are correct though that many people ignore those words and some are lucky enough to actually get something they are not entitled to, but many others run into the kind of headache and screwed up reservations which they would not have had to deal with if they had simply followed the rules.

So please tell me, what part simply isn't true? I stated that people are not authorized any reduction or OBC after final payment....you yourself stated that is correct. People also run into problems in attempting to get something after final payment....this thread is proof enough alone to show that is true. So, what was not true?

Seriously? Do you really enjoy drama this much?

I'm done here....LOL

Seriously? Do you really enjoy drama this much?

I'm done here....LOL

If you think that me simply stating (very kindly in fact) that people trying to get something they truly know they are not entitled causes most of the problems I read about here is causing DRAMA, then I would suggest you never read the Carnival forums.....now that is where the real drama is!!! :eek:

And you never did state what part of my post was untrue. :(

Edited by Out to sea!

Good news! Everything should be all fixed. I received an amenity invoice from my TA this afternoon showing that I should have $150 OBC. I am not seeing it in my account on the NCL website. She said that I need to print it out and bring it with me just in case.

A little persistence never hurts.

I have a question, I am way past final payment does ncl offer upsells at time of boarding and if so, and you choose to take it do they reduce your on board credit. Thinking about going in a suite..Tia

I'm really not sure. This is my first time on NCL so I am unsure of how they do this. I would think that they would make you pay out of pocket since this is not an on-board expense.

Any thoughts anyone?

I have a question, I am way past final payment does ncl offer upsells at time of boarding and if so, and you choose to take it do they reduce your on board credit. Thinking about going in a suite..Tia

They don't do upgrades in the terminal at all. There port contractor's staff just takes the info, checks ids, gets signatures etc. If you ask for upgrade, they'll tell you that upgrades are handled onboard in Guest Services.

On all the cruises we've taken, there has been a notice on Guest Services desk that the ship is full and no upgrades are available.