FL Resident & Last Minute Sales

BigAlexC

I am a FL resident, who lives in Tampa. Of course we have a port in our backyard and easy access to Port Canaveral. With that said can any other FL cruisers help me answer this question;

Do other, more expeirenced, FL cruisers find that booking early with ES is the most budget friendly option with Carnival? Or, can value be found if you are felxible AND have the ability to book something that is less than 30 days out? Of course, the obvious benefit of ES is being able tp pick your prefrred ship and intinerary. However we find that a great deal is hard to pass up and we havent cruised enough to be overally concerned with the ports we visit.

Can anyone else share their thoughts and experiences with this?

I am a FL resident, who lives in Tampa. Of course we have a port in our backyard and easy access to Port Canaveral. With that said can any other FL cruisers help me answer this question;

Do other, more expeirenced, FL cruisers find that booking early with ES is the most budget friendly option with Carnival? Or, can value be found if you are felxible AND have the ability to book something that is less than 30 days out? Of course, the obvious benefit of ES is being able tp pick your prefrred ship and intinerary. However we find that a great deal is hard to pass up and we havent cruised enough to be overally concerned with the ports we visit.

We live in Jacksonville and love to cruise. Our schedules are pretty flexible, so we look at prices often. I find that you will get your biggest savings booking on "pack and go". However, if you want a choice of itinerary or ship, you don't always get many options. But if you cruise often, it might not matter. If you know you'd like to get away "somewhere" within the next 30 days, then look for what's available. But if you really want to visit a particular location or want a particular ship or even location on a ship, you're better off to book a ways out so you can have a choice and then pray for price drops.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Also a Tampa resident. We have booked cruises 15 days out and with great deals. I do not have any experience with ES because we tend to always book during a sale or last minute.

if your not worried about being on a lower deck then i would say wait

Edited by elbaseball212

Personally I think the time of the year you are wanting to cruise makes a big difference. Pretty much from Spring Break to Labor Day, I'd book early and utilize the ES. Those dates tend to be sell outs w/o many deals needed.

But post Labor Day through the winter and into pre Spring break . . . I've had some tremendous deals booking in less than 30 days. The obvious downside to that is you get limited cabin selections as most have been reserved but the price is well worth it.

The last 2 years I've sailed on 3 day cruises in January at $99 a person, once booked 10 days in advance and one booked 15 days in advance. Definitely an advantage living in Florida when it comes to cruising.

Great stuff everyone! Thanks for all the info. we are looking at sailing sometime after Labor Day through the end of the year. As I understand it this is usually the "low season" minus the major Holidays, of course. Because of this I may just want to later in the year to book. I do have my eye on a E Carribean cruise aborad the Liberty. However several similar variations of this intinerary exsist... Think I may just roll the dice and see what happens!

Also a Tampa resident. We have booked cruises 15 days out and with great deals. I do not have any experience with ES because we tend to always book during a sale or last minute.

if your not worried about being on a lower deck then i would say wait

Is this how you booked your Liberty cruise? This boat is moving to Port Caanveral and I'd really like to cruise on this ship given the E Caribbean ports and glowing reviews of the ship in general. What kind of savings do you typically see when booking last minute?

Is this how you booked your Liberty cruise? This boat is moving to Port Caanveral and I'd really like to cruise on this ship given the E Caribbean ports and glowing reviews of the ship in general. What kind of savings do you typically see when booking last minute?

We did last minute for the inspiration of out tampa and liberty out of Miami. Both within a month or so of sailing. It did end up being the lowest price I had seen for either of those sailings.

However we did book a 7 day out of PR last night for May of this year. The #nowisthetime sale going on right now is great for returning customers. All upgrades are included.

It all depends if you think the price has a chance of going down and how full your ship is right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I live in Mia 15 minutes to the POM and 30 minutes to PEV

I book "pack and go" and last minute.

On my last cruise I book a Balcony on the

Liberty 7 day for $300 each 2 people (taxes and tips incluled)good deal

Edited by Isasprings

I live in Mia 15 minutes to the POM and 30 minutes to PEV

I book "pack and go" and last minute.

On my last cruise I book a Balcony on the

Liberty 7 day for $300 each 2 people (taxes and tips incluled)good deal

Great Info and great Deal! How many days out did you book that cruise? I'm guessing you are pretty felxible regarding ports and cabin selection?

Not sure how the pricing will be on Liberty once it relocates. I suspect the great deals might be slow due to this and it's popularity here.

Great Info and great Deal! How many days out did you book that cruise? I'm guessing you are pretty felxible regarding ports and cabin selection?

I book that cruise last minute 6 days before cruising.

Yes my DH(69) and myself(55) are retired

I love Tampa we go often because we have a house in Cape Coral and

is only 1 and 30 minutes away:)