Cable Beach in April

jweiner

We will be in Nassau for a day on the Allure. I've read good things about Cable Beach, but have a few questions. Can you get there via cab? If so, how far away/expensive is it to get there? Do you need advanced reservations at the Wyndam or Sheraton to use the beach? Is it a nice day trip off the ship? Thanks in advance!!

We will be in Nassau for a day on the Allure. I've read good things about Cable Beach, but have a few questions. Can you get there via cab? If so, how far away/expensive is it to get there? Do you need advanced reservations at the Wyndam or Sheraton to use the beach? Is it a nice day trip off the ship? Thanks in advance!!

Cable Beach hotels are approx. 5 miles from port and accessible by cab or jitney. Cab is $18 for 2 ppl/ $3 for ea. add'l person. Jitney is $1.25pp.

No advance reservations. Purchase passes at the front desk .

Wyndham is $20/ Melia (sheraton) is $30.. kids 1/2 price.

Nice way to spend a few hours.

Hi Scuba, so, as you may have seen, we decided on Melia. We get in around noon on Enchantment. Will Jitneys be waiting for us? Trying to figure out if we should take one or a taxi. . . leaning towards trying the Jitney on the way there and possibly taking a taxi back. . . what do you think?

PS. We will be 2 couples. How does the pricing work out?

Hi Scuba, so, as you may have seen, we decided on Melia. We get in around noon on Enchantment. Will Jitneys be waiting for us? Trying to figure out if we should take one or a taxi. . . leaning towards trying the Jitney on the way there and possibly taking a taxi back. . . what do you think?

PS. We will be 2 couples. How does the pricing work out?

\

The #10 jitney is located on George Street. A couple of blocks from the port exit. When u come out of the gate, go straight one block to Bay Street.. make a right and go about 3 short blocks (past the straw market) . George Street is on the left. There will be someone on the corner directing you.

Jitney's run every few minutes, so you may have a 2-3 minute wait.

The cost is $1.25pp and you pay as you get off. Just tell the driver where you are going. Driver usually doesn't give change.

Taxi will cost $18 for 2 ppl. $3 for ea. add'l person. Plus tip.

Good idea to get the jitney there and cab back. Remember rush hour traffic can add significant time to your travel, Rush hour starts around 4:30pm .

\

The #10 jitney is located on George Street. A couple of blocks from the port exit. When u come out of the gate, go straight one block to Bay Street.. make a right and go about 3 short blocks (past the straw market) . George Street is on the left. There will be someone on the corner directing you.

Jitney's run every few minutes, so you may have a 2-3 minute wait.

The cost is $1.25pp and you pay as you get off. Just tell the driver where you are going. Driver usually doesn't give change.

Taxi will cost $18 for 2 ppl. $3 for ea. add'l person. Plus tip.

Good idea to get the jitney there and cab back. Remember rush hour traffic can add significant time to your travel, Rush hour starts around 4:30pm .

Great info, thank you. Our ship doesn't leave until almost midnight, so rush hour shouldn't present to much of a problem. Thanks again.

This thread is a great example of what it means to hijack a thread and is generally discouraged. I'm surprised that someone with that many posts doesn't know better forum etiquette. Starting a new thread is free and sending a private message is also okay.

This thread is a great example of what it means to hijack a thread and is generally discouraged. I'm surprised that someone with that many posts doesn't know better forum etiquette. Starting a new thread is free and sending a private message is also okay.

Jweiner-

Good thing you told me what it means to hijack a thread, I didn't even know that it was possible to hijack a thread, lol. In all seriousness, sorry. I didn't know it wasn't ok to comment on a thread or ask questions about a topic you are interested if you didn't start the thread. Perhaps you could share a link that outlines proper forums etiquette? You might want to consider your approach however, if you are truly concerned about etiquette and helping others learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

P.s- all of the information shared (by me and others) was relevant to the topic. I doubt that is truly considered hijacking.

When you engage in a side conversation with another member about a separate topic than the topic posted by the original poster, that's called hijacking. It's no big deal as I got my answer.

I posted about Melia, a hotel on cable beach and taking a cab and or bus. I don't see how this was off topic.

Cable Beach hotels are approx. 5 miles from port and accessible by cab or jitney. Cab is $18 for 2 ppl/ $3 for ea. add'l person. Jitney is $1.25pp.

No advance reservations. Purchase passes at the front desk .

Wyndham is $20/ Melia (sheraton) is $30.. kids 1/2 price.

Nice way to spend a few hours.

Kids are half price at Wyndham as well?

I posted about Melia, a hotel on cable beach and taking a cab and or bus. I don't see how this was off topic.

IMO I agree with you. You were not hijacking. I would ignore comments concerning hijacking made by the jweiner.