Verizon Cell Coverage in Nova Scotia & Newfoundland

Leo Jay

Anyone have direct experience with this. Verizon was only able to tell me it might be 'spotty' and suggested I might want to get a phone card. If so, is that something I could get in New York, or do you have to buy those in the city you will be calling from?

Anyone have direct experience with this. Verizon was only able to tell me it might be 'spotty' and suggested I might want to get a phone card. If so, is that something I could get in New York, or do you have to buy those in the city you will be calling from?

My girls have Verizon and said they did get a signal in both places, though they did not make any calls. It did say "roaming" on the phone as well. Just remember that their time will be 1 hour _ahead_ of the ship's time, so the clock on your phone will show this. My eldest used her cell as an alarm to wake her up in the mornings and was a bit unhappy to realize it was an hour earlier than she'd planned;)

We buy phone cards here, usually through Sam's Club as their rates are good. They don't expire, either (some do, so check this before you buy!)

Enjoy the cruise!

ShadyOne

It will work and will roam on a variety of networks such as Rogers or Bell.

You can also buy a phone card just about anywhere for dirt cheap.

Example a $ 5.00 phone card will get you about 40 minutes to the Us from Canada.

:)

Archived