Binocs in M-Class CC Any Good?

Scott Cyn

I've seen references in various threads to binoculars in the CC cabins. We'll be in the Baltic on Connie next year. Should I bring my own, high-quality glasses? Or will the cabin already be equipped?

Scott

very cheap binocculars! The pair we had on Connie was quite funny. I pulled them out of the case to focus on a ship out at sea. I saw 2! Gave them to my husband who also saw 2. We both looked out & knew it was only 1. Turned them into the Consierge in the Atrium for a new pair delivered & it was single but not great distance. But that was September 2004, so maybe they got better ones by November for us.

I've seen references in various threads to binoculars in the CC cabins. We'll be in the Baltic on Connie next year. Should I bring my own, high-quality glasses? Or will the cabin already be equipped?

Scott

Hi Scott !

If you really want to enjoy looking out of binoculars, and you own a good pair.... I would suggest you bring your own. The CC ones are not horrible, but they are minimal at best. I gave up on them after using them a couple of times.

I hope you enjoy your Cruise !

Hi,

The CC binoculars we had in our May, 2005 Infinity sailing were small, pocket-sized 10x25, identical to the travel binoculars I frequently carry in my camera bag. They work for minimal magnification.

I also brought along my better 10x50 size, and while on this sailing found a good deal on the purchase of 24x zoom field glasses. The zoom binoculars will be our new travel pair.

CM

Thanks for bringing up this topic,

I don´t want to hijack your thread but I recognized that the binoculars are not listed anymore on the perks list of Concierge Class on Celebrities website. I was already wondering if I had dreamed about reading that there would be binoculars in the cabin when booking month before.

So dies anybody know if they discontinued the binoculars in the room or why they aren´t listed anymore:confused:

Scott

Having experienced the ones in CC cabins to be of inferior quality, I'd recommend that if you own a decent pair of smaller ones, it'd be a good idea to bring them along if you think you'll use them much. On our last trip, the two sides weren't even aligned vertically -- it was possible to use only one side or the other at a time.

I've been recommending Pentax UCF Zoom binocs when this question comes up, especially for Alaskan trips. Gives the flexibility of everything from 8X to 20X in a fairly small package.

As to the poster above -- we had them in April, so if they've been discontinued, it's been since then.

I am taking my own anyway. There may be times we would want a 2nd set if the moment arises.Plus if I drop mine overboard after too much time at the Martini bar thenI won't owe any money. There are some nice Binocs now that actually fold up and fit in your pocket. I'll carry mine on all of my excursions.

Thanks all for the replies. I have a nice pair of Nikon 10X50 6.5° Zooms which I'd dearly love to have with me. It becomes a question of space and weight in the old luggage. And before anybody comments, I will hasten to point out that I travel with a female, thereby gaining my party complete exemption from luggage logic.

Scott

and I also noticed for first timers to CC category, if you click on SHIPS then click on any M Class ship's name, then CC it shows a hard wood chair on a white table with a few plates & drinks.

WHAT????? Where is the table cloth, the cushions for the chairs, the vase of flowers, the fully set table before our meals arrives to be served looking just like in the dining room. What "X" is showing is very wrong.

Same with typing in 9201 (or any other AFT CC) & being told you have 191 sq ft stateroom with a 41 st ft balcony. Good, that way there are plenty for us to grab in AFT CC.

Archived