Captain Bryans Recently?

Alwaysoncountdown

We used Captain Bryans for stingray snorkel the last time we were in the Caymans. WE loved them. I have emailed them a couple times but I haven't heard back. Has anyone used them recently? When I look on Travelocity it appears that Island Marketing and Captain Bryan's reviews are combined. Thinking I may just go with Island Marketing. Thoughts?

• 1 month later...

I am also wondering what's up with Capt. Bryans. We have used them in the past and enjoyed sailing with them. Past reservations have also come through Island Marketing, even when making the request through the website, so I don't think that's anything new. However I sent a request over a month ago and, other than the auto response have not heard back. I sent another request in and didn't even get an auto response that time. Really wondering what's going on with them!

They finally responded but it was at least a month later. I had already moved on and booked with Captain Marvin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the update. I have some time, so I'll see what happens. If I have to I'll switch to Captain Marvin, even though I much prefer a cat to a motor boat.

I booked through Island Marketing with Captain Bryan in March for our cruise in May and received a confirmation email just the next day.

Did you hear back from them beyond the auto response email? Did they ever contact you for deposit?

We booked with Captain Bryan for this past Monday. It was awesome! We were a group of sixteen, so we chartered the Hannibal. The sail is broken, so we motored both ways, but we had a great time. Justin and Jake were our crew, and they were phenomenal. We had a mix of kids and adults, and Justin and Jake were great with them. They held a ray at Stingray City so each child could kiss it and get a picture with it, and we all got stingray back massages. They collected conchs and sliced one up for everyone to try, then they gave each child one of the shells. We made two snorkeling stops and saw a huge variety of coral and fish. The personal service made me very glad that we had chartered. We frequently had other people come over to our group to learn about the rays since their guides stayed on the boats.

I did not pay anything until the day of, and everything went beautifully. Everyone in the group rated it as the best day of the trip.

cruisinmom,

how did you get a hold of Captain Bryan? I used him in 2006, and LOVED the two stop tour. I want to book about for next month, May.

I called the number on the website - (345)916-2093. There was a charge from my home phone but it wasn't that much - maybe 25 or 35 cents per minute? I didn't talk more than 10 minutes getting it all worked out.

Here is the website:

http://www.captainbryans.com/

• 2 weeks later...

This was the best excursion I've taken in all of the years I've been cruising. It was laid back but organized sufficiently. We were on a catamaran with only about 20 of us total. The snorkeling spots were interesting with loads of fish and no crowds. The Stingray stop was excellent. My kids were too afraid to go in so they were allowed to stay on the boat and watch from there. The captain showed us some live conch and let us try some of it fresh and keep the shell! Kids and adults had an equally fabulous time. It was about half the price of the cruise ship excursion and so much more intimate! I would do this again and will recommend it to everyone going to Grand Cayman!