What kind of Beer on Board the Rhapsody?

What kind of Beer can we expect to be on board? I guess you could say that we are beer snobs, and like a good pale ale, or stout during the day. If they serve mostly cans, and domestics, where can I find a good store to buy beer on a Sunday near the Pier? (I understand TX law allows beer and wine sales on Sunday)

Thanks

Replacing my priior info with this. Hope it helps.

Coming in a close second is Royal Caribbean (www.royalcaribbean.com), whose regular 35-brand list includes quality brews like Bass; Boddington's; Foster's (in the 25-ounce oil can!); Harp, Murphy's Stout, and Murphy's Amber (Ireland); Kirin and Asahi (Japan); Newcastle Brown Ale (UK) and Singha (Thailand). On Alaska sailings, RCI's ships stock Midnight Sun's Fireweed Honey Wheat Beer and Kodiak Nut Brown Ale (brewed in Anchorage); Grant's Hefe Weizen and Lazy Days Summer Ale (Washington) and Alaska Brewing Company's Alaskan Amber, Alaskan Pale Ale, and Alaskan ESB.

Additional info this from commentary about RCCL's Legend of the seas.

You can buy wine or beer at port and bring it back on board. Yes, this is permitted! You can bring a reasonable amount, which is not published, but I estimate at less than 12 beers and 1-2 bottles of wine per person returning from port. Just put it right on the belt of the x-ray machine like it was a Mexican souvenir. Your first opportunity is Cabo San Lucas where you can get a six pack of any beer for $6 US. I didn’t price wine there since I bought the Wine and Dine package (hic). You cannot bring any hard liquor on board. They will take it and return it to you when you leave the ship, and it will count against your duty free purchases (limit 1 liter per person). There. That should clear up your alcohol options.

Sundays...yes, but not before noon.

And RCI still does not offer Shiner Bock. For those not fortunate enough to live in Texas, find a local bar, order a Shiner...you will most likely get your resume re-written and make every effort to move to Texas immediately.

I do know they have the basic domestics, that's all I can remember. But, they do have Buckets of Beer (5 beers), which are a better deal than buying individual beers.

do they have this on the vision? :D

Archived