Century to Alaska 2014 Daily activity and a teen

Lulubelle45

I'm considering traveling this August to Alaska with my teen daughter and am wondering if anyone has copies to past Daily activies to get an idea of what is offered. As she won't know anyone on this cruise other than Mom, how are the teen programs aboard???

Thanks!

In summer there will be some kids on Century. The x-club for teens is open all day but the teens seem to attend mainly in the evening. There should be a good turn out in summer.

You and your daughter will love Alaska. Zip lining and the Musher Camp in Skagway will be big hits!

If worse comes to worse and there are few teens onboard, you'll both still have a good time.

• 3 weeks later...
In summer there will be some kids on Century. The x-club for teens is open all day but the teens seem to attend mainly in the evening. There should be a good turn out in summer.

You and your daughter will love Alaska. Zip lining and the Musher Camp in Skagway will be big hits!

If worse comes to worse and there are few teens onboard, you'll both still have a good time.

Booked the Century for August 2014 a round trip from Vancouver. Skagway is not on the itinerary but Juneau and Ketchikan are along with Icy strait. She is not into zip lines.

Another question, regarding the nightclubs. Are teens permitted into the adult and visa versa if we want to touch base??

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

Booked the Century for August 2014 a round trip from Vancouver. Skagway is not on the itinerary but Juneau and Ketchikan are along with Icy strait. She is not into zip lines.

Another question, regarding the nightclubs. Are teens permitted into the adult and visa versa if we want to touch base??

No, they will not let anyone in underage into the nightclub in the evening, no excuses. There will be security standing outside the club checking ID/scanning cards. I have seen them turn down many teens trying to get in. You should just plan to head out of the nightclub and meet her/phone your cabin to check in.

Security?? Wow Celebrity is different from HAL and NCL. I didn't recall any security checks and up until 9 or 10 saw children in the nightclub. We have a 19 yr old traveling with us. Legal age in BC Canada, would he be with the teens or the adults???

We did this cruise on Century in September 2012. Although our teenage years are a distant past we still like keep busy. The entertainment on that cruise was the best we have ever had. There were so many different bands/singers on in the different bars there was something for everyone. A particularly good canadian singer similar in style to Ellie Goulding, a young english band who all looked like one direction were absolutely fabulous and the shows were fantastic. During the day there was lots going on and all the teens that were on board seemed very well catered for. We had a wonderful time and hope you do too