visas for Sri Lanka

ozflute

Hi Nadia,

Here is some info on entry to Sri Lanka.

Visa/Travel Documents Queries

•Do I need a visa to enter Sri Lanka? As of 01/01/2012, all Australian/New Zealand/British passport holders entering Sri Lanka requires to obtain an entry authority (Please note this is not a visa). The current fee is US$30 for applying online and US$35 for applying on arrival. Sri Lankan immigration has implemented a website where you can complete the application online with a US$30 fee via paying by credit card. You will receive a notification once your entry authority has been granted. Children under the age of 12 are free of charge however please ensure you still complete the relevant details for children on the application. http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/

Note that most times HAL will arrange it on board, so you should check with their office.

When we travelled to Indonesia last year, we paid for our visa here in Melbourne & had to travel back later for pick up. The saving was very minimal so next time we will get it on board.

Regards

Bellair

We are Australian passport holders travelling on the Rotterdam. Do we need a visa to go on a private shore excursion in Sri Lanka?

I thought we had all bases covered but now I am not so sure.

Cheers

Nadia (ozflute)

The following is on the Holland America website:

Click on "For Booked Guests" and then click on "Essential Documentation and I.D"

Click on where it says "Please click here to view limited list of Visa requirements". On that list the following wording shows for Sri Lanka. "No Visa required for US, Canadian, German, Dutch, AUSTRALIAN or UK Nationals when in transit with the ship".

I also phoned the Sri Lankan Consulate Offices in Sydney on Tuesday 31 Dec. 2013 (to double check) and was advised NO NEED FOR VISA FOR ONE DAY VISIT.

I guess you are aware though that you will require a Visa for India on the Rotterdam Cruise leaving Singapore later this month