freeport recommendations?

swalton85

There isn't much to do right at the port in Freeport. You can get a bus or taxi to Port Lucaya for shopping. We actually booked an snorkeling excursion though with Pat & Diane's. You can view reviews and information at trip advisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147420-d1575346-Reviews-Pat_Diane_Snorkeling-Freeport_Grand_Bahama_Island_Bahamas.html

Pat & Diane's will pick you up right where you get off the ship and return you right back there or you can just take the bus back on your own after shopping at Port Lucaya.

We just got back from freeport. The only things to do if you want to just step off the ship is senor frogs, fat tuesdays or a little straw market. We took a taxi to port lucaya. it is $10 round trip per person. We then went to the grand lucayan resort and paid $15 per person to use their facility (pool, lounge chair, restroom, etc.). If you walk down a block you can enter the free beach (which is the same exact beach that we paid $15 for).

There isn't much to do right at the port in Freeport. You can get a bus or taxi to Port Lucaya for shopping. We actually booked an snorkeling excursion though with Pat & Diane's. You can view reviews and information at trip advisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147420-d1575346-Reviews-Pat_Diane_Snorkeling-Freeport_Grand_Bahama_Island_Bahamas.html

Pat & Diane's will pick you up right where you get off the ship and return you right back there or you can just take the bus back on your own after shopping at Port Lucaya.

We took a taxi to the Junkanoo Beach Club. No fee to use the beach. We enjoyed fresh conch from the shell and the swimming was good. Nice beach with reasonably priced drinks and beers and pretty good food. It was a great day. Port Lucaya is more developed with stores, restaurants and hotels at that beach. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by dohertm1

We just went to Freeport on Wednesday. I asked for Taino beach and then they piled us into vans. We arrived at Junkanoo beach which they said was the same as "Taino" beach?? Never saw any signs that said Taino beach. Arrived about 10:00 to a very crowded beach. Very young crowd. Loud music playing.

Three rows of chairs almost all filled. I did find 2 together on the last row. We walked down the beach and got some beautiful pictures on some rocks. The water was very pretty but COLD! We Had a burger and hot dog from the little stand on the beach for $5 each. The lines were crazy for drinks in the building. Bathroom decent. Not sure if I'd go here again! Think I'd rather pay for an all inclusive!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How did you like Pat & Diane"s? I have some friends who are going on their first cruise in April and I am trying to help them with ideas....they will be taking their girls - middle school & high school age......Would appreciate your personal thoughts - will also show them the trip advisor reviews.

thanks!

Sandy:D

I just got back from Freeport and LOVED the Segway excursion bought through Carnival. High school and middle school would love it also. We had a middle with us. The excursion ended at the Lucaya Marketplace with a ticket back to the ship by bus. I'm on my way to post a review on the Segway in Freeport thread.

How did you like Pat & Diane"s? I have some friends who are going on their first cruise in April and I am trying to help them with ideas....they will be taking their girls - middle school & high school age......Would appreciate your personal thoughts - will also show them the trip advisor reviews.

thanks!

Sandy:D

We used Pat & Diane last year. They are a great snorkel tour for young people. We had people with us that had never been snorkeling and the staff made them at ease. It was good snorkeling on a small, young reef. We enjoyed the trip and you will have time afterwards to hang out at the square where all the shops and restaurants in Port Lucaya are.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We loved Pat & Diane's. The guides come in the water with you and if they see you are having problems they swim over to you. One of the guides caught lobster and we took it to the island and they cooked it up for us to sample. They also had a live conch that they took out and made a salad with.

After the snorkeling on a beautiful reef we had lunch on a beach and all the drinks we wanted. There were non alcoholic drinks for the kids too. On the beach there was only our group and the sand and beach area was great.

I don't have any pictures because I used my underwater camera and they got accidently deleted but if you go to trip advisor many people have pictures posted.

BTW when you book with them you don't have to pay until you get there, so if something happens that you can't make it, just let them know and you won't get charged.