Where To Stay In February?

Len3

:confused: Last February, we went to Cancun, had a great time, but the air and water temps were not warm enough for us. We're thinking farther south for Feb. 2006, but have no idea on where to stay. Any suggestions?

Barbados is a great place to be in February, but it's also a "traditional" month for many english/europeans to visit. Can you give me an idea of what you are looking for in an hote/guest house/whatever. kind of budget you might like.. what kinds of places you have stayed before.

I'll see what I can recommend.

We would select a place on the ocean with a nice beach. Last Feb. we went to Cancun and stayed at the Marriott Casa Magna - great oceanfront room, beautiful gardens and perfect beach - but not warm enough for us - both air and water temp. We need HOT weather in February, coming from Washington, D.C. and between 2 ski trips. Any ideas will be appreciated.

February in Barbados can be cool as weather around here goes, but we are in the tropics so.. Hot will also play a part. I suggest a West coast beach/hotel. I'll name a few and let you check the web for what you might like.

Glitter Bay and Royal Pavillion are very nice properties. They are part of the Fairmont group of hotels. You may also want to check out Crystle Cove or Tamirand Cove, part of the Elegant Hotels group. Higher budgets.. go for Sandy Lane, then Coral Reef Club, or Cobblers Cove. Lower Budgets try Divi Heritage, or Coconut Creek

If these are too much on the budget you can try a south coast hotel that might be less expensive. February is one of our prime months so don't gag at any of the costs. Ask and I'll give you advise on which hotels I think are worth and well.. which are not.

good luck

I'm gonna jump in here...we're staying at the Amaryllis Beach Resort from Oct 15-22...got a deal I literally could not refuse for my husband and myself. As long as there's a bed and a bar, I'm happy, but do you have any comments/opinions on that hotel? Tripadvisor.com seems to reflect mostly positive reviews...and we're diving with Dive Barbados (John Moore). How is the weather, etc around that time? Interestingly, I have only found two cruise ships docking that week, is it the "off" season for cruise ships? Thanks!

Nikki

Archived