Lounger/chairs on the Getaway

Kimf

Hello -

My ideal vacation is laying in the sun most of the day (usually near a pool - can probably live without that if needed) reading a good book and enjoying an adult beverage. Can those who have sailed the Getaway comment as to how easy it is to find 2-3 chairs together? We are a group of 4 - but since my 11 year old son is with us, the Vibe is not an option - otherwise I would be all over that!

I am usually an early riser and don't mind finding chairs between 9-10:00.... but are the all taken with "towels" by that time?

Any tips, advice would be greatly appreciated!

Kim

We just got off the Getaway yesterday morning (2.22.14 sailing). I never saw any issues with availability of chairs!! I had read so much about the infamous 'chair hogs' but I guess they must have missed our trip. I never noticed a time when loungers were not available in the sun and/or shade depending on your preference. I'm sure the closer to the pool you are the busier it would be but chairs were everywhere!!!

The entire experience was PERFECT to us!!!! Have fun and enjoy!!!

HI,

I believe that the Getaway has Spice H2O just like the Breakaway. It is an 18+ area that has plenty of lounge chairs, at least 2 hot tubs, a bar, very large screen TV showing various shows (mostly areas where NCL cruises), and a waterfall area for cooling off.

I know yo siad your 11 year old with be with you but Spice would be a great option if he is involved in some activity or off with friends he has met. The arcade is nearby if he has saved up his quarters LOL

2043949435_Spicewaterfall.jpg.0d72e21667198120833eae5b76b69afe.jpg

Spice.jpg.26fece81d16a7d7102ab9a7a9c6a33fc.jpg