What's included and what's extra on Divina

dogchopper

We just booked a cruise on the Divina in September :D

I've never sailed on MSC and I'm wondering what are the extras.

Like, what drinks do you get (juice lemon aid ...) and what do you have to pay extra for.

Pizza? Included or extra? Sushi?

I saw they had a shop that has pastries, are they extra?? Is there a place to get munchies that don't cost extra?? (Boy I sound cheap dont I ) :eek:

I know the 'bowling alley' and the 3D theater are extra.

Basically I'm just looking for info on a new cruise line..

We just booked a cruise on the Divina in September :D

I've never sailed on MSC and I'm wondering what are the extras.

Like, what drinks do you get (juice lemon aid ...) and what do you have to pay extra for.

Pizza? Included or extra? Sushi?

I saw they had a shop that has pastries, are they extra?? Is there a place to get munchies that don't cost extra?? (Boy I sound cheap dont I ) :eek:

I know the 'bowling alley' and the 3D theater are extra.

Basically I'm just looking for info on a new cruise line..

Hi Dogchopper,

There is a selection of juices, coffee, tea, and water available 24/7 at the buffet and they are served in the main dining room as well. Any soft drinks or alchololic beverages are extra.

The pizza at the buffet is free of charge, but the pizza at La Cantina di Bacco is extra, as well as pizza ordered via room service.

There are pastries available at the Divina Bar & Caffe Italia free of charge in the mornings, as well as a wide variety of breads and desserts at the buffet, but at the Pizza del Doge, there is a selection of desserts available for an additional charge.

Hope this helps!

I thought I had read somewhere on these boards that pizza from the Cantina was free for several hours during dinner service in the evenings, like between seatings in the MDR. Does anyone know about this?

Hi Dogchopper,

There is a selection of juices, coffee, tea, and water available 24/7 at the buffet and they are served in the main dining room as well. Any soft drinks or alchololic beverages are extra.

The pizza at the buffet is free of charge, but the pizza at La Cantina di Bacco is extra, as well as pizza ordered via room service.

There are pastries available at the Divina Bar & Caffe Italia free of charge in the mornings, as well as a wide variety of breads and desserts at the buffet, but at the Pizza del Doge, there is a selection of desserts available for an additional charge.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, that helps. I guess I have a few months to learn all about this ship.. I'm just so excited!! I can't believe the price of this cruise! When I saw that price I told my husband I didn't care if it was a horrible cruise, I figured I could eat that much in food :). But I'm sure it will be a wonderful cruise!!

Edited by dogchopper

Thanks, that helps. I guess I have a few months to learn all about this ship.. I'm just so excited!! I can't believe the price of this cruise! When I saw that price I told my husband I didn't care if it was a horrible cruise, I figured I could eat that much in food :). But I'm sure it will be a wonderful cruise!!

OH it won't be horrible. It will open up your world. It's divine!

Value it what is selling this ship.

Value it what is selling this ship.

I guess I'm just a little worried, ya know.. Too good to be true type thing. I've seen the videos and photos and it is absolutely beautiful and then I see the price and say "what's the catch?"

Usually we don't like to go out of Miami when we cruise but it sure seems worth th extra drive for this cruise.

I'm really looking forward to it. I hate that it's not until September!! I'm sure it will be 'Devine'

What is your cruise date? I'll be sailing with my hubby on September 27th. This will be our first time on Divina too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forums mobile app

What about the solarium.( On RC it is just a much quieter place with no children allowed in their pool)? I just heard a there is a charge of $5 or$10 for theirs.

Hi John and Sue, it's JW from our roll call.

I love this special deck. It's called "Top 18". It is an adult only enclave high above the ship, on top of the rotunda of the Galaxy Observation Lounge, Restaurant and Disco.

There is a charge of $5.00 per half day and $10 for a full day, plus I read that there is a special weekly charge as well. I am sooo there. This is right up my alley. It is very much like the Posh South Beach Club that is on the Norwegian EPIC, but the week we sailed on The EPIC, the cost was $60 for the week, limited to only about 30-50 passes per sailing and it sold out in less than an hour the first day. There is a market for this and I am one of those customers that will truly enjoy it.

I like the Top 18 because the circular railing is solid and protected from the wind so my martini doesn't blow out of the glass, my towel does not blow away, and I can read a book in the sun without the pages turning for me on their own. Top 18 has a water feature as well for intermittent cool downs.

Here is the description from The MSC Website:

Want to sunbathe in peace and privacy? Soak up the sun in style in this adults-only sanctuary of serenity. Top 18 boasts premium deck space and stunning sea views, not forgetting its own dedicated spa service, bar menu and complimentary fruit skewers. For groups of friends, couples looking for a romantic hideaway or parents looking for some quiet time, Top 18 is the perfect place to relax, unwind and watch the waves go by.

In just a few short weeks we will be on the Beautiful MSC Divina!

And remember.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMWP_e95OTzJ5xnSkJ1IOGWGNAJYmLFRovUwircxgSsJXI3XCs4A

Wave your Pinky at NEG-A-TIV-A-TY!