Many Pride quesstions from a new Carnival cruiser

dk555

Our family will be sailing on the Pride next week to the Mexican Riviera. We have a few questions: Is there access to a microwave for baby food? Is it better to put your tips into envelopes or just put it on our Carnival credit card tab? If into envelopes...who should we give the envelopes to? On the tip calculator site for Carnival, it mentions - dining team service, bistro service, and cabin services - what are bistro services? Also, what about soda pop and beer? Is there a way to buy unlimited pop or beer? Are 8I rooms okay? 8177 i.e. or 8185? All answers and help are really appreciated. Thanks.

We have a few questions: Is there access to a microwave for baby food? Is it better to put your tips into envelopes or just put it on our Carnival credit card tab? If into envelopes...who should we give the envelopes to? On the tip calculator site for Carnival, it mentions - dining team service, bistro service, and cabin services - what are bistro services? Also, what about soda pop and beer? Is there a way to buy unlimited pop or beer?

...While you probably won't have direct access to a Microwave, talk to your steward. They/Room Service will help you. It'll only take a few minutes.

...Bistro Service is the buffet.

...I leave the standard S&S tips on. If your Steward/Waiter/Asst. Waiter have been helpful, you can give them extra at the end of the week. Amount is up to you. Envelopes are at the purser's desk. Give them the money the night before debarkation.

...Tips are included in the cost of drinks

...An adult soda card is about $45. Less for children. A glass of Coke [what you'd get with the card] is $1.75. As such, you need to drink around four sodas a day [even on "port days"] to "break even".

...For some events, a child's soda is free

...No "beer card". Beer costs $3.25. More for imported/specialty brands. You can buy "buckets of beer". Lowers the cost of each beer

We (DH & I) stayed in a category 8I cabin (8160) on the Pride this past February. The cabin was lovely and spacious for the 2 of us. We loved the extended balcony and being higher up on the ship made for some beautiful views from our cabin. Our only minor annoyance was that since we were below the Lido deck you can expect some noise. Like hearing the band as they play and chairs being dragged across the deck. I know others have said they hear the crew dragging chairs across the deck early in the morning and late at night but we didn't hear that. Most of the noise was during the day and was only bothersome when we took a nap. :)

Have a great cruise!

Hi DK555, I have a cool review from Mark of Lodi I can Email you if you like, as for the Nuker, I read today that you can request a pot of hot water to make Ice Tea, not sure how hot it is, but I figure you can stick a Milk bottle in it to warm up. email me at wennfred@cox.net if you like to see the Review on the Pride.

Thanks all for your information, it was all very helpful. I'm a bit worried for the babies and sleeping. Will a regular stateroom accomodate 2 cribs? It seems like it will be a bit crowded. The Carnival people said it will be fine but the more I read the more worried I become. Again, thanks for your responses. dk555

Archived