Ecstasy 2/24/2014 with a toddler

missyoua

Hi Keith, muster was held on the Promenade Deck. You'll be assigned to muster station. Our muster station was B. We were in the City Lights Boulevard. Then when the safety speech was completed, we had to walk in 2 single file up the stairs to our life boats.

Ok. Thanks for the info.

How long did it take from start to finish?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ok. Thanks for the info.

How long did it take from start to finish?

It took 45 minutes. Longest muster drill ever! But the time consuming part was that they called each muster station individually to go up to the lifeboats and it took that long to get to all the muster stations.

It took 45 minutes. Longest muster drill ever! But the time consuming part was that they called each muster station individually to go up to the lifeboats and it took that long to get to all the muster stations.

I figured they were doing it like that. :(. They did it that way when I sailed Imagination and it was the longest muster ever but 45 minutes is a tad bit too long.

We are cruising the Carnival Magic April 27. I have a 20 month old daughter and sadly she can't attend camp carnival because they are really strict that children must be 2. When we first booked we booked planning to take our daughter. After talking to many people we decided to leave her with a family member this go around. I'm sad and excited if that makes sense. I'm excited to get some time with my husband but I will miss my little one so much! I sure hope we made the right decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your review! There really aren't many Ecstasy reviews, and this was wonderful to read. My husband and I will be on the April 14 sailing and we are very exicted. This will be my 10th cruise and my husbands 11th. We've never done a cruise less than a week, or been on a boat this small... but it will probably be a welcome change for us. We've been on big boats and you're waiting in line a lot and it sometimes can feel crowded.

Thank you so much for your review! There really aren't many Ecstasy reviews, and this was wonderful to read. My husband and I will be on the April 14 sailing and we are very exicted. This will be my 10th cruise and my husbands 11th. We've never done a cruise less than a week, or been on a boat this small... but it will probably be a welcome change for us. We've been on big boats and you're waiting in line a lot and it sometimes can feel crowded.

Kelikea-I went on the Imagination in 2010 and it was crowded so I was worried this time around that it'd be the same. But it wasn't! Have a blast on your cruise next week! I'm jealous!

Thanks for a great review! We'll be on The Ecstasy in November with both our kids. You mention Waterworks but also a splash pad area? Could you elaborate a little on the kiddie slide and/or splash pad area? It is hard to tell what exactly is included in Waterworks on this ship. One of our children probably won't be potty trained by then so we'll have to go to the beach but what is the splash pad area? Our kids will be 2 and 3.5 so I'm interested in those areas! Also, what all is offered that you remember for the kids? I had no idea there was a build a bear workshop!!!!

Thanks!!!

Thanks for a great review! We'll be on The Ecstasy in November with both our kids. You mention Waterworks but also a splash pad area? Could you elaborate a little on the kiddie slide and/or splash pad area? It is hard to tell what exactly is included in Waterworks on this ship. One of our children probably won't be potty trained by then so we'll have to go to the beach but what is the splash pad area? Our kids will be 2 and 3.5 so I'm interested in those areas! Also, what all is offered that you remember for the kids? I had no idea there was a build a bear workshop!!!!

Thanks!!!

Hey Sthrncrusr,

There are a couple of pictures of the Waterworks area on my day MIAMI and SEA DAY google pictures. There are 2 slides for little kids. My 3 year old was scared at first but she loved it after going down a couple of times. The splash pad area also has water sprouts for smaller children who don't want to go on the slides but just wants to play with water. Other than the 2 slides and the water sprouts, there really isn't a wading pool or anything else for small children.

The Fun Times outlines all that is available for children. We didn't participate much with the Camp Carnival but it seemed like they had plenty of activities such as decorating cupcakes and face painting days. Hope this helps!