Fort Can Cristobal and El Morro

klaner64

We are considering visiting Castillo del San Felipe del Morro and Fort San Cristobal when we are in San Juan from 7-3:30 pm in March next year. One member of my family has had cancer and strokes so is a little slower walking. What I was wondering is if there are buses or taxis that will take you to the forts and if so what is the approximate cost?

Or would it be possible to be dropped off at one and walk the other one?

I have heard that del Morro is the better of the one to see. What is your opinion?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Be sure to get a National Park Service Senior pass if someone in your party is 62 or over. It costs $10 and lasts the rest of the owners life for free admission to any national park. It admits your whole party up to 4 adults and any kids. They sell them at the forts. The regular admission price is $3 or both forts for $5. So you can see what a great value this pass is.

Though many people like El Morro since it is at the tip of the bay, we enjoyed Fort San Cristobal more. The dungeon was interesting and the views of the area give a different perspective. I must say that we were TIRED after viewing both forts and walking the city. Wear comfortable shoes.