upsell fairy called!!! :-D

mz Miami

So carnival call ,we always wish they would call us for a deal but they never did until today .Well, we are leaving on the victory Thursday for a little 4 days get away we paid $783 for an oceanview plus a $100 OBC for shore excursion the fairy was offering us for an extra $300 we can upgrade to an oceansuite :eek: so I said hellllll nooo !!! :D I'll be paying a grand total of $1083.00 for a 4 days cruise when I paid $1100 for an 8 days on the freedom April 5/14 same oceanview state room so I told him call me back a week b4 I leave on the freedom with a decent offer .was I wrong to turn him down ? We do cruise a lot ..

Unless you really wanted to have a suite, then I think you made the right decision. For short cruises, I just care that I have a clean room and bed to sleep in. The ship is more important to me on 4 day cruises. On longer cruises, the cabin and the ship are equally important to me since you will be on the ship for a longer period:)

I got called on Friday and let the voicemail take it until I could go on Cruisecritic and see what you all have to say about being called. After I read the boards, I thought maybe I could be offered something nice for a small price (ha, ha, I know...). I called back and left a message. The upsell fairy called back today and offered me a move from Extended Balcony to Ocean Suite for....wait for it....a grand total of....$500 MORE. I said, "Oh, no thank you," and she said, "don't you want to talk to your husband about it?" I said, "He'd say the same thing as me." She told me to call her back if we change our mind. I didn't ask for a cheaper price because I knew from these boards the answer would be "no." I'm hoping she'll call back with a lower offer. If it were under $100 like some people on here got, I would've said yes!;)