TrentS ~ Ft Lauderdale post hotel for 5

stacyinpa

Hello Trent ...

Just wondering if you can guide me. I have a problem getting a flight home on Dec 31...cuz its NY Eve. I was looking for a place to stay over nite in Ft Lauderdale near the airport since we would be flying home from there. This year my cousin is cruising with us and that makes a total of 5 people in the room. I am learning alot of hotels dont let 5 in a room, unless you get 2 rooms of course and are adjoining and that costs.

Can you tell me of hotels in the area of Ft Lauderdale near the airport that I can check out. I tried the pelican beach and they do not do one nite accomodations on the weekends. So now thats another issue. Its a weekend nite on a holiday. I am lost. Can you offer me advise? Or anyone for that matter.

Thanks--Stacy in PA

Embassy suites will not let you book 1 or 2 people.Maybe I missunderstood. Did you get good rates. I'm torn between Holiday Inn express and Embassy suites. Somebody help me I'm up to my eyeballs trying to figure this out.

Dear Lojill, I just went to their website, and just put in my travel date for the heck of it, and tried 1 adult and tried 2 adults and had no problem booking either one of them.Are you trying the one on Southeast 17th St.? Or are you trying the one in Deerfield Beach? I booked the one on 17th St, no problem,just using their website.The rate they gave me for my travel date was $228. per night. Your travel date might be even cheaper as this is for a Sat. night stay.Try again at the website and see what happens:) Jaxson Didn't mean to confuse you, just wanted to explain that they give you choices of 1-4 people at website and if you want a 5th, just call them and they will book 5 to a suite, it's just that the options don't show 5.:)

Embassy suites will not let you book 1 or 2 people.Maybe I missunderstood. Did you get good rates. I'm torn between Holiday Inn express and Embassy suites. Somebody help me I'm up to my eyeballs trying to figure this out.

Yes, as Jaxsonbrownie explained you can book anywhere from 1 to 4 adults at Embassy Suites on their website, but for 5 adults you need to call them.

To expand on the 2 hotels you're interested in - They're both nice places, it just depends on what type of hotel you want... Both are in great, safe locations only a couple of blocks apart. Holiday Inn Express is a no frills hotel with no restaurant (there are several in the area though), and no pool. It's of course just a standard size hotel room. Embassy Suites rooms are suites, there's a beautiful atruim in the middle of the building with restaurants, and they also have a pool. Embassy Suites rooms are being redone now, with all of them due to be finished by the end of the year.

Embassy Suites also has a cocktail hour from 4-7 each night and a free breakfast buffet for everyone the next morning. Very nice!! We stayed there about 18 months ago pre-cruise. We also had 5 people in the suite.

Archived