Unlimited Texting and Data with Tmobile Simple Choice Plan, anyone had experience?

We will be leaving for our W. Caribbean cruise on the Serenade in a few weeks and am a little confused with the Tmobile Simple Choice plan, it states that you will get unlimited data and international texting while abroad the 120+ countries in the world. That includes Jamaica, Mexico, Grand Caymans, the ports that we are visiting.

Should I leave my data off and turn data roaming back on when we get to the ports? how do you use texting and data on their network but not getting any phone calls while in ports?

Any experience?

:D

I would call TMobile and ask them. When I was there recently I asked if I had "free" international and was told it was $10 more a month. My cell will just stay off the whole cruise (I actually like the break from texting and checking emails, etc).

We will be leaving for our W. Caribbean cruise on the Serenade in a few weeks and am a little confused with the Tmobile Simple Choice plan, it states that you will get unlimited data and international texting while abroad the 120+ countries in the world. That includes Jamaica, Mexico, Grand Caymans, the ports that we are visiting.

Should I leave my data off and turn data roaming back on when we get to the ports? how do you use texting and data on their network but not getting any phone calls while in ports?

Any experience?

:D

It's $10 a month for the international texting, data and calling. We will be turning it on for the month of April when we cross the Atlantic to Europe then turn it off when we get back. You can do it yourself on-line!

When I was on the Liberty in Cozumel I was able to text and use data with the new Tmobile free plan. The only problem was that it was at "E" edge speed!

If you're worried about getting charged for phone calls then just don't dial out or answer.

Edited by latnballer

Thanks for confirming. Just need to check on family and things. Slow speed is fine. Knowing that I can use it and won't break the bank and probably do it at the comfort of our balcony, it's nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well let me correct myself...you will be charge for 1 minute when the call has to go to voicemail...but like you said it's only .20cents.

I wanted to use facetime but unless it's on 4g or wifi it wont let you!

Edited by latnballer

I have T-mobile with a different plan but also includes free text and data. I put my phone in airplane mode and turn wifi on(airplane mode turns it off) for the entire cruise. I compose my texts and then I switch off airplane mode for a few seconds so the texts send. Then I put airplane mode and wifi back on. Not sure if that will work for all phones. I have a Samsung Galaxy II.