laptop to tv connection

MIKEXXXX

Is there any way to connect my laptop to the TV on the Carnival Miracle or any other Carnival ship for that matter. My son tells me that unless you can put the TV in input mode, it cannot be done, you have to be able to tell the TV which signal to recognize, ie., the coax input or my laptop jacks.

Is there any way to connect my laptop to the TV on the Carnival Miracle or any other Carnival ship for that matter. My son tells me that unless you can put the TV in input mode, it cannot be done, you have to be able to tell the TV which signal to recognize, ie., the coax input or my laptop jacks.

Nope

Once you mess with the TV cables an alarm is given to room steward.

The reason you are not supposed to use the in cabin TV for other devises is so you cannot miss very important televised safety announcements such as "Abandon Ship" :) or 10% off spa service. lol

Edited by fishtaco

So you cant connect a dvd player either?

You possibly can with the new tech TV,s but you are not supposed to.

We tried to connect our video cam to the TV thats how we found out about the alarm and why it must be on ships TV line only.

Our son was able to hook up the Xbox, but he had to buy a universal remote at the first port stop and find the code for the TV so he could access the inputs. We never got any alarms, but that was three years ago. We also never pulled any of the connected cables. Maybe take a cheap universal remote with you.

We watched DVDs on the TV several times November 2013. DS Had to kinda squeeze his head behind the TV to find the connection, but once he unplugged the ships cable & plugged the HDMI cable in it was no problem. Except the remote didn't work.