Carnival regular tries RCCL - my comparison.

AandBmom

I have done Royal Caribbean several times. Oasis with my 2 yr old DGD. A wonderful ship. Great places for walks and along the way places for food without going all the way up to lido. All without cost. We did the cupcake decorating, yes it costs, but walked out with a work of art made with two cupcakes. Their for cost cupcakes are to die for. We did wine tastings. Worth it, have also done on Carnival. I've also bought carrot cake at Carnivals coffee shop. I personally like the for cost items on menu in MDR. The only one I saw was a steak. It was offered every night for $15, much less than specialty restaurant. I splurged one night and best ever on a cruise ship!! I like not having to make a reservation at another place.

In my opinion,, it depends on budget, ports, timing, specials, and personal preference. My favorite oddly, is Carnival Freedom(can't wait for upgrades) and Freedom of the Seas. I wouldn't go back on Oasis or Allure unless I had children with me. Enjoy cruise'n, the open seas, the sun, the ports, a way of life we are lucky enough to experience!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

This!!! Agree completely. Both lines are pretty fabulous vacations, with pluses and minuses to each.

I do enjoy hearing from others which "extras" they think are "worth it".

Coming up on Carnival Conquest I think we'll probably splurge for the Chef's Table, as well as a night owl slumber party for the kids. We opted not to buy any extras on our family cruise on the Breeze in Dec. '12, and still felt like there was so much to see, do , and eat that we couldn't do it all.

The bottom line for us, though, is a lower fare on Carnival, which means more frequent cruises. If that means more upsells offered along the way im ok with that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

We just got back from our first RCI cruise on the Freedom of the Seas. I agree with everything the op wrote. One of our main problems was that for the same price we always got a balcony on Carnival, we could only get an inside promenade cabin and it was really small! The crew was very nice and helpful. We did miss all of Carnivals food venues out by the pool, especially the deli. I know people had raved about the cafe promenade, but each tme we went there, they only had a selection of 3 premade sandwiches, no comparison to Carnivals deli. Aslo, you have to pay for a hamburger at Johnny Rockets. The layout of the ship was great, but I love Carnival's spa and the fact that you can buy week passes there. Carnival's spa has many more things to offer than RCI. We missed the spa. We won't be sailing on RCI again, because we just didn't feel that we got as much for our money as we did on Carnival. All the passengers on RCI were very nice and friendly though.