goffs caye or barrier reef rendezous caye on belize??

beachgal58

can anyone give me any info, never been to belize, which one should we do? dh had hip replacement, do the boats have a ladder or like the fury the back is a staircase that goes down into the water? to hard to pull himself up a ladder. whic do u like best? looks like they both go to a beach. good snorkeling off the beach? thanks for the help.

We just did the Goeff's Caye excursion in March. They let you snorkel and then take you to a little island for some sun and relaxation. Very nice. Boat leaves right from the side of the ship as we used tenders to get to Belize.

We did not have a positive experience on the geoffs caye excursion booked thru carnival this past March. The water was very rough and the ladder was swinging up and down so it was difficult to get into the water to snorkle. If you only plan to get off at the island I don't think you have to use this ladder. Also we were packed into the boat like sardines. Although geoffs caye was pretty, there was not much to do there. Either sit on you towel on the beach or swim/snorkel. I don't feel the price was worth the excursion due to the over crowding etc.

Archived