First time taking our 15 months old baby boy on a cruise!

Barbieea

Hello everybody,

Does anyone have been on the MSC Divina with a 15 months baby before?

I need as many tips and all the advice (about food, dinner, bath, pools, naps, high chair, stroller, car seat, toys, milk, bottles, ect...) that I can get from all those experienced parents, grandparents and people that had cruise before with a child that young.

My husband and I have been on many other cruises before but never with MSC. Most of them with NCL, so we are used to the freestyle with no sitting time for dinner!

So, not only we are going with our baby boy for the first time on a cruise, but also we are new to the cruise line.

We are going to the Western Caribbean for 7 days. The ports of call are Cozumel, Falmouth, George Town, and Great Stirrup Cay. Any suggestion on what to do at the ports?

Thank you so much in advance!

Food should be easy. There are all kinds of foods on the ship. Don't sweat the small stuff. If your child is still drinking from a bottle- bring everything you will need to clean it- bottle brush, dish soap.

If you are doing the early seating- just make sure that your child adhere to a nap schedule. This means doing most things in the AM and returning to the ship in the afternoon for a comfortable siesta. I would recommend 1-3PM for said nap period. Without this- your child will be fussy at meal time.

I like the umbrella stroller because it is easy to maneuver and takes up less space than a regular stroller and did not bring a carseat for beach excursions.

Fifteen month olds are all about exploring. They generally don't like sitting for long periods of time- so set reasonable expectations. They do not enjoy the shows on board and will not be sit for them- so don't bother with that. They will enjoy lounge music and dancing. It's all about movement for 15 month olds.

I brought a few familiar toys and some new ones when my son was that age. They like things they can manipulate, build and take apart. Bring your laptop and some favorite DVD's to keep them entertained in the cabin and on the plane.

A small blowup pool can be used as a bathtub in the shower or as a little place to play by the pool. Plastic cups are fun for kids to fill up and pour from the big pool to the little blow up pool.

Bring swim diapers for the beach and enough regular diapers for the entire trip. I brought an inflatable swim vest, which packs flat and can be filled with air when needed. This gave me a degree of comfort when swimming in the ocean with my child. Bring the usual bucket and shovel.

I love the beach in Grand Cayman- it's crystal clear and calm. There are lots of hotels along 7 mile beach. We like the Weston. If you use their beach, they will come around and you pay for the beach chairs you use. Two will be fine for a family of three. The Marriott is another good choice. It's a short, $15 taxi ride to the beach from the ship.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain